SENDLE COMPLAINTS

I came on to see if anyone else had problems with Sendle, to see multiple problems.  I paid for an item 28 days ago, and haven't received it. It's in some kind of Sendle limbo where they just add a couple of days into the future. The seller listed the item as post AP and I paid AP prices. At about 25 days, I requested a refund, as the event I bought it for was last weekend. I said I'd return it, which I would (should it ever actually arrive.) Now Ebay has delayed it's decision for another few days as well. I'm absolutely livid. It was supposed to arrive around 14 days ago. I'm relishing the bad feedback I'm going to give and I'm pretty sure this is it for ebay for me as a buyer.    

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

SENDLE COMPLAINTS

Not ebay's fault you encountered a dodgy seller. I'm assuming you've opened a dispute for item not received, rather than just ask the seller? If so, the seller has a few days to respond. I'm thinking it's 4 days. After that, you can ask ebay to step in and help and they will close the dispute in your favour, and the seller will get a strike on their account. Too many of those, and they will be shut down.

Regarding your feedback, keep it factual. If you scream and rant and rave, calling them scammers, or mentioning you had to open a dispute for a refund, the seller can have it removed. Go in with a calm mind, not feeling livid, so you think straight. If you go in heated, you're going to say something wrong. Go to the help pages and have a look at the feedback policy. If you want your feedback to stick, you need to follow it. If ebay remove it because you broke policy and the seller reported it, it can never be put back, and you'd have wasted your time.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

SENDLE COMPLAINTS

Thanks for replying. I contacted the seller, who, fairly enough, said it's beyond my control now that it's with Sendle. (Yes, I found her unhelpful, actually.)  I raised an enquiry with Sendle. They've changed the estimated delivery date three times (now, laughably, the Sendle message says 'running a little late' I mean, seriously - 28 days and counting.) When the second delivery date (last Friday, came and went without notice) I raised it with Ebay and requested a refund, said I'd return the item which I will be happy to do, via AP.

EBAY has not directly responded to my request. It has done nothing other than sit and wait for the package to arrive (today is my new deadline, interestingly). I won't rant and rave, but this is just not acceptable of either Ebay or Sendle.  (And if the seller had indicated she was using Sendle, I would have said - please don't, it just doesn't work well in regional Aus - but she listed AP). 

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

SENDLE COMPLAINTS

And thank you for the tip regarding the feedback sticking. I won't be anything other than factual, but ... I'm really disillusioned at this point. 

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

SENDLE COMPLAINTS

Actually, eBay's given Sendle yet another day to deliver - 23rd November - for an item I paid for on 25th October at 2.38pm, before they respond.  

I've spent a lot of money on ebay, but if they are standing by an inferior courier service (and in what world is 28 day delivery acceptable?), then my time shopping on ebay is over. 

This is ebay's form message regarding the item. 

We’ve confirmed that your item is on its way to you. We’re allowing a little more time for the item to arrive. We’ll get back to you by Thu 23 Nov.

For now, sit tight. There’s nothing you need to do.For now, sit tight. There’s nothing you need to do.

If your issue is resolved, you can close this request without waiting for a response from us.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

SENDLE COMPLAINTS

If you have definitely opened an item not received dispute with ebay (you're wasting your time with Sendle), then keep checking it daily for when the option appears to ask ebay to step in and help. Hopefully it will appear today or tomorrow.

Don't let the dispute time out, which I think is 21 days after opening and do NOT close it at the request of the seller saying they can't refund until you close the dispute. It's bull dust. Stop communicating with the seller. Just watch the dispute.

You'll get your money back, it's just a matter of when.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

SENDLE COMPLAINTS

Thanks sons and daughters. I will do that. I feel much better having vented to you 🙂 

I just despise my money and time being treated as casually as this. (LOL.)

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

SENDLE COMPLAINTS

@deelighted206 wrote:

Thanks for replying. I contacted the seller, who, fairly enough, said it's beyond my control now that it's with Sendle. (Yes, I found her unhelpful, actually.)  

What was incorrect about her statement.  What else could she say.  It's the same as when you use Australia Post, once it's lodged in the PO, the seller has no control over it.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

SENDLE COMPLAINTS

The essential difference is that the seller advertised and charged AP rates (in the OP if you can't find it)

So the seller is already guilty of misrepresentation. She could say 'sorry, I went for the cheaper price hoping nothing went wrong'. However something went wrong, as seems to be a trope with Sendle. The seller should bite the bullet and refund. And chase up Sendle for a refund. Their choice of carrier, their responsibility.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

SENDLE COMPLAINTS

@davewil1964 wrote:

The essential difference is that the seller advertised and charged AP rates (in the OP if you can't find it)

Oh I got that,  but at the end of the day,  its in the system,  out of sellers control now.  AP are just as bad having parcels stuck in the I'm coming tomorrow loop for a week or 2.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply