SNAD problem communicating with seller using online translator?

Bought an aircraft part from Russia which arrived this week. Was supposed to be silver as per the listing but what I got was black (yes this is important as you find probably one silver one for every 20 black) and my customer wanted silver. Plus, probably more importantly, it doesn't work.

The seller in Russia is using some translation program and lots of what I tell them seems to be, well, lost in translation. I feel it's SNAD enough because of the colour difference but non functional it's a paperweight. The response I get is that black or silver doesn't matter all work the same. Also seller is adamant it was serviced prior to sending.

How is it best to proceed on something where I can't get a sensible answer and in all likelihood neither will eBay/PayPal. He's also adamant that I pay return costs which I've already told him isn't the case. I'm concerned about returning to a high risk country and never seeing my item again. Or my money ($120+ AUD). EBay's return process doesn't allow for signature or tracking and PayPal covered returns will leave me short on postage costs too.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Doesn't PayPal still have the offer of free returns ?

But you need to sign up for it and it's only for a limited number.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Oh dear, instead of concentrating on the colour you should have concentrated on the fact that it is nonfunctional.

All you can do is open an ebay dispute and leave it to ebay to communicate with the seller.  I hope you bought it on the Au site.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

They're both significant lyndal. Yes the non function is a more serious issue but you can't diminish the fact that if the colour is totally different to the item you receive that's just as bad. As I wrote, maybe one in every 20 is a different case and bezel colour. I always buy via the au site.

Kopes I'm sure they still do but only cover up to $45. This will cost $77 to send back.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply