Scammed! Ebay money back guarantee incorrectly denied.

I purchased an item 6PCS PAW PATROL Plush Dogs PUP SKYE / ZUMA 8“Soft Toys Nickelodeon but 2 weeks after purchase the seller was removed. Ebay contacted me and told me not to be concerned, if I didn't receive the item, I could open a case.

I didn't receive the item, and am being prevented from opening a case. I have been told the Ebay money back guarantee doesn't cover Real Estate, which this item clearly is not! The item was listed in Toys. The item is a toy.

Paypal also won't help, claiming the same issue with Real Estate.

Ebay must have moved this item into Real Estate when they removed the seller, so they don't have to refund my money. This is a misleading scam. I believed I would be protected by the money back guarantee, and should be, that is Ebays legal obligation. Really not impressed!!! 

Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately we cannot see the listing now....it has been removed by ebay.

There have been a number of reports on the boards of ebay making mistakes in their MBG disputes.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Ring them or have them ring you....Help & Contact at top of page

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I contacted Ebay and they have moved the item into the correct category and opened a case for me. Now I just have to wait.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You'll now have to wait until you can escalate the claim, maybe a week. If you have no luck, close the dispute and open it through PayPal. In these instances it is the better option (although I know you couldn't do either with the incorrect category being shown). PayPal is much quicker in these circumstances because if the seller has been deregistered, you can usually escalate to a claim straight away.

I'm sure it will all work out for you now.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply