Seller can't adjust the invoice for pick up

asimau
Community Member
hello helpers, I have bought an item from a seller, it showed a postage cost on the auction. I had emailed her to find out if it's ok to be picked up...she said that was fine. I won the auction, the seller wants me to pay with PayPal as she won't be home during working hours, she will leave the item where we can find it. My seller can't adjust the invoice to remove the postage and the person who is going to pick it up is doing so tomorrow morning. How can my seller remove the postage costs in the invoice so I can just pay her for the item. Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Tell your seller to select send invoice from the dropdown next to the listing on her selling page. If she had already sent you an invoice, it will be in the dropdown as opposed to next to the item. It will be about halfway down all the options. Then she needs to remove the postage cost and put in $0.00 where the postage should be. Tell her DO NOT hit the recalculate button as that will revert the invoice back to the original. Emphasise the DO NOT. Just put the zero amount in and then send it.

Just be aware, if the item is pick up, even paying by PayPal there is no buyer (or seller) protection. If the item is not as described, there's not much you can do about it if the seller refuses to help you. Normally in a pick up situation, you would inspect the item and if not happy, walk away. I'm sure all will be OK, but just in case it's not, you are on your own unfortunately.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you tippy toes, much appreciated. I emailed my seller with your solution and it worked perfectly, she is happy as I have just paid and I am happy as I will get my item.

Thanks again,

A

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You did note what Tippy said didn't you? You will have no buyer protection even though you have paid with Paypal. If the seller leaves it out and somebody else takes it you will not be able to get your money back if the seller doesn't believe you. If it is not as described and you do or do not take it away you will have no buyer protection. I have sometimes had this situation as a buyer however I have never paid with Paypal. Just as I am trusting the seller that the item will be there and as described I expect them to trust me to leave the cash, usually in an envelope and put in their mailbox.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Something else the OP needs to consider, I hope the seller let their neighbours know someone will be coming in while they're not home. Someone might think they're stealing something!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply