Seller cancelled item then re-listed

I bid on an item and was about to win, at a low price, when my bid was cancelled, the auction cancelled and then the item relisted.

Because they cancelled my bid, i am unable to report it through the "Report" section of ebay because it says I never bid on it.

The seller said the item wasn't listed proparly, but the new listing is exactly the same

Makes me angry and it's obviously against the terms and conditions of ebay to do this

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If it was not allowed to be done then the option to cancel bids and end the listing would not be there.

If there is less than 12 hours to go a seller can cancel the bids but not end the listing.

It is better they end it than not post after you have paid.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

This is from the Customer Support page

The seller ended the listing or won't honour the sale
Sellers may cancel bids and end a listing early if there's a problem with the item or they made an error in the listing. And they may ask to cancel a transaction if they find they're unable to fulfil the sale. But if they're doing this because the bidding didn't go high enough or in order to trade outside of eBay, it's not allowed and we'd like to know about it.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

You need proof that the current price was too low and you said they told you there was an error in the listing and ebay can see that message so there is nothing that will be done so look else where and move on.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply