Seller does not accept returning the faulty item

Purchased an Airless paint sprayer. I've tested with water, the connecting hose hevily leaking both ends, the pressure adjuster not working, blocked. It is faulty and unrepairable accordig to a repair shop I've asked to check it. Unfortunately past the eBay 30 days money back guarantee. How can I get my money back when the sender is not cooperating to accept returning the faulty unit, and eBay not responding when I click on "Ask eBay to step in" button

Cheers

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All GOOD.

Case forwarded to PayPal, and PayPal sorted out. I got my refund. Case closed.

Thanks all for suggestions

And thanks PayPal

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you paid through Paypal, log into your Paypal account and go to their "Resolution Centre", You have up to 180 days past the sale date to open a dispute with them. 

Edit to add. Before you open a case with them sign up for thier "limited return postage" offer, or you'll be responsible for the return postage to the seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Can you definitely not open a case for "Item Not As Described" (faulty)?

Seller would be responsible for issuing a shipping label for return (if they are located within Australia).

Paypal has 180 days to open a case if you are not successful in Ebay.

Where is the seller registered (not the item location)?

Worst case scenario - file a chargeback through your credit card (assuming you financed the purchase that way through Paypal).

I would inform the seller that this is what you intend to do if they do not accept responsibility for a faulty item. Since there is a fee to the seller for chargebacks, they may suddenly co-operate.

I did a chargeback last week for an item that was defective as the seller would only offer me a 25% refund or to return it at my expense. I told the bank the item simply did not match the description and was not fit for purpose and within 1 hour I was refunded.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@6207edmond wrote:

Purchased an Airless paint sprayer. I've tested with water, the connecting hose hevily leaking both ends, the pressure adjuster not working, blocked. It is faulty and unrepairable accordig to a repair shop I've asked to check it. Unfortunately past the eBay 30 days money back guarantee. How can I get my money back when the sender is not cooperating to accept returning the faulty unit, and eBay not responding when I click on "Ask eBay to step in" button

Cheers

How did you get on. Has there been any progress?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

All GOOD.

Case forwarded to PayPal, and PayPal sorted out. I got my refund. Case closed.

Thanks all for suggestions

And thanks PayPal

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Very good to hear. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Cheers

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply