Seller has requested my PayPal details to send refund for an item not supplied. How??!!!

Bought an item some time ago. It was never supplied. Seller has offered a refund, but the transaction has expired. Has asked for details of my PayPal account. As far as I can tell, my PayPal account is my email address, which eBay won't let me send! Help!!!
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller has requested my PayPal details to send refund for an item not supplied. How??!!!

Thank you everybody! Have used the 'send a photo' method & that seems to have worked. Guess I'll just have to wait & see what response I get from the seller. Again, thanks for all the advice - was greatly appreciated

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

cq_tech
Community Member
If you originally paid by Paypal then the seller should be able to action a refund from the original payment advice. However, if you really need to let him know your email (Paypal) address, write it in your message as "username at isp dot com dot au" and that way it won't be stripped from your email.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Oh Yes it will. I tried this and the message failed to send. Got round it by requesting details and rang them.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

That's very strange as I've used this method myself numerous times in the past with 100% success, as have many others.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I think ebay has wised up to it CQ.  I have had a message from a seller where the coded email address was missing and I was unable to send one.

It is only in the last few weeks.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I typed my addy in notepad took a picture of it sent picture in message
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

It must be a very recent innovation Lyndal, as the last time I did so was at the end of January and my email arrived intact. As long as ebay aren't actually reading all emails (which I tend to doubt, given how many would be sent on any given day), I rather like harley's idea of attaching a photograph of my email address instead and will definitely be trying that method the next time it becomes necessary.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, the photo is a brilliant idea and well within the ebay rules....they have given us the ability to attach photos in order to stop us needing email addresses to send them to.  Wonder how long before they wake up to this one. lol

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

just needs your email add'y no more. good luck

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you everybody! Have used the 'send a photo' method & that seems to have worked. Guess I'll just have to wait & see what response I get from the seller. Again, thanks for all the advice - was greatly appreciated
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply