Seller ignores me

balired
Community Member

Hi there

I purchased 3 of the same item (a very small item) from a US seller.  As soon as I committed to buy I sent a request for total from the seller.  A few days later I sent another as I had not heard anything. Ebay does its own total for shipping  so I didnt want to pay that one.  Still nothing from the seller.  Now, without contacting me at all they have opened an unpaid item dispute.  First I knew was the email  from ebay threatening to suspend my membership.  I wrote a response saying I cant pay when I dont know how much to pay to which they responsed I should phone the seller and solve the problem.  I politely told them no I am not calling a US seller.  Should I just ignore it and suck it up?  Never had an issue like this before, always pay immediately as shown in my feedback.

Any helpful comments appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Seller ignores me

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Is it the bird toys?

If it is, then there is no need to contact the seller as the postage price is in the listing....$5.50 for the first item and $3 for each additional item.  The total of $11.50 should be showing on the invoice when you go through checkout.

Just pay now and that will be the end of it.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Seller ignores me

balired
Community Member

No, it wasnt that one,  They were quick as a flash to give me a total.  It was for the dermalogica items

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Seller ignores me

Are you able to alter the postage amount when you checkout (it will depend on how the seller has their listing set up)?

I find if the seller doesn't get back to me the best way to really get their attention is to pay with $0 postage ... suddenly they learn to communicate 🙂

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Seller ignores me

balired
Community Member

Alas no, it wont let me change it.  Its strange as normally sellers want their money quickly so respond fast to requests.   Even stranger that they lodge an unpaid dispute without messaging me first.  I am sure ebay can check that I asked twice for a total as I did it via the ' request total' link.   I think I'll just put this down to a bad experience and move on.  I would think if they are this bad at communication when asking for a total whats the chance of a response if the item doesnt arrive?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Seller ignores me

many sellers have the UID set up to launch automatically on day # 4, 5 whatever if the payment is not made.

3 unpaid item strikes on yr account will severley disable your ability to bid with most good sellers on ebay as they block bidders with more than 2 UID strikes.

did the seller offer postage discounts?? they do not hve to, ebay allow sellers to charge postage on each item, irrespective of how many you buy, it is the sellers choice to offer a discount or not.

if you plan on using ebay regularly, I think you need to pay the outstanding invoice a.s.a.p.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Seller ignores me

I had a similar issue with a seller ie sent 2 request totals-no response.

Went to  Contact Seller-Combined Postage & THEN saw no combined postage in their answers part.

Wasn't impressed so I'll be marking their communication stars down to 1.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Seller ignores me

Oh & here's an absolute classic-NOT !

Bought & paid for 2 items at 9.30pm Friday night & bought & paid for 1 item Saturday morning at 6am.

Seller has posted ALL 3 items together & hasn't responded to message re could I please have a small refund on postage as your terms state generous postage discounts.

I wasn't aware until after I purchased the item Saturday morning that it was same seller.Parcel wasn't posted until this afternoon so its not like it would have inconvenienced them to respond at least at some time prior to posting.

I can see a neg coming up just for their ignorance time.:|

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Seller ignores me

balired
Community Member

There was no mention, well none that I could see of discounts, hence me asking.  If they dont, then thats all they had to say.  I would pay no problem then.

Never had this before and have 560+ positives so its not me being difficult!

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Seller ignores me

There was no mention, well none that I could see of discounts, hence me asking.  If they dont, then thats all they had to say.  I would pay no problem then.

the time to ask about postage discount is before bidding/buying.

If you didn't ask before committing to buying thern you should pay the full postage on each item in the absence of any comms from the seller.