Seller is no longer registered on eBay.... after I payed for the item

Hi all,

I won a bid auction for a keyboard and payed 135$ via credit card two days ago. Seller was from Malaysia with 0 feedback. 

Today (Two days after I pay for the item) I contacted the seller as to why it is not shipped yet. I get a 13.50$ refund and a poorly worded response full of BS as they have issues with their paypal account and I have to contact them in 1-3 days. 

Now after an hour, the seller account is no longer registered on eBay and I get this message in my purchase history: We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

Can I get my money back? I did use my credit card for payment and not paypal. Is eBay money back guarantee helps in this situation?

this was the seller account: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/yumat86?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I should have added this note:

The item delivery time was between OCT 16 - NOV 28.

I opened an eBay case under "I did not receive the item" which gives the seller 3 business days to respond. Meanwhile, there is no seller to respond. 

What do you think I should do to get my money back?

Thank you in advance

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Can I get my money back? I did use my credit card for payment and not paypal. Is eBay money back guarantee helps in this situation?

NO.

You should always pay with PayPal linked to your credit card to have protection.

You may still receive the item but it does look suspicious.

If you don't see it in a timely manner, go to your bank about a chargeback and bring photocopies showing the seller is No longer registered.

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

If you were able to open a dispute with eBay, wait the 3 days and then escalate it (or ask eBay to step in and help). As the seller has been deregistered by eBay, they won't be able to respond to the dispute and you should get a refund pretty quickly. If that doesn't work, initiate a chargeback with your bank.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

tippy, eBay's MBG requires payment with PayPal.

I think eBay will come back to say the purchase doesn't qualify.

image host
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

If the credit card payment was through paypal you may find that the ebay dispute will succeed.

If not, as the others say, do a chargeback through the bank.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Except that it's either PayPal payment or merchant facility.

That's what I was saying, it needs to be a PayPal payment with credit card linked to be covered.

OP said they didn't use PayPal.

Whether eBay may do a discretionary refund on a merchant payment, that is possible due to the listing looking like a potential scam.

image host
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Tnx for your clarifications.

I did have a paypal account linked to ebay, however my credit card was not linked to paypal before payment. Checked paypal and there wasn't any payment history in recent activity. So I'd assume there is no responsibility on paypal for this payment?

As you suggested, I filed a dispute with my bank. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

tippy, eBay's MBG requires payment with PayPal.

No it doesn't - the MBG requires that an electronic payment method was used, via ebay checkout. Purchases from sellers who who have one of the merchant facilities that is integrated with eBay will qualify for the MBG.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

You are correct DG.

When I last read the policy payment needed to be made with PayPal.

Appears they have added other methods to the list.

• An item isn't received or it isn't as described in the listing
  • A buyer reports that they didn't receive an item or requests a return within the eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines
  • The buyer made the purchase on eBay.com via checkout or an eBay invoice with one of the following payment methods:
    • PayPal
    • PayPal Credit
    • Credit card or debit card
    • eBay gift cards, eBay bucks and eBay vouchers
  • The item was paid for in a single payment
  • If the listing was a live auction by an auction house seller and paid by any payment method, the purchase is covered as long as the buyer provides a copy of the seller invoice and proof of payment. (Items sold through Sotheby's are excluded.)
  • Items collected in person are covered, provided all other requirements are met

image host
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply