Seller is not happy with me paying by Paypal

mymarleymoo
Community Member

Ive purchased a large item for $2000 (including postage) from a seller in QLD.  He has good feedback (over 1000) but is hassling me to pay by direct deposit as he has 'problems' with Paypal.

Im uncomfortable paying any other way than Paypal because $2000 is a lot to blow if I dont receive the item and DD doesnt give me any security like Paypal does.  If I insist on paying by Paypal, seller says my item will be delayed by at least 2 weeks because that is how long it takes for him to get my money through Paypal - is that correct?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

pfft, he just dont want to the pay pal fee i reckon

Not your problem he has so called pay pal problems, just pay by pay pal and mark his postage stars down if they make you wait two weeks.

-- A
Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Not correct at all. He's just trying to avoid the charge that he'll get. Pay by Paypal. DD is too risky.

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

It will cost him approximately $48.30 in Paypal fees. Something he should have factored into the price, as it's a necessary cost of doing business online, not just here.

As said above, pay with Paypal and mark his stars accordingly.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

As far as the two weeks goes, if you fund the payment with existing funds or a linked bank/CC account, then he will get the money the day you pay. It takes 3-5 working days for a transfer into his bank account.

The other week is, presumably, to look at the bank statement and gloat about how they think (erroneously) they have circumvented Paypal's refund policies because the money is no longer in their Paypal account.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

As already said, stick to paypal.

Seller can use funds in paypal immediately. It is true if he wants to transfer the funds to another account, that can take 3-5 days, but that's not your concern.

Assume it's the steel round yard. Make sure it's up to scratch as you don't want to be returning this large item if it's not as described.

Something like this, I usually prefer to select a seller where I can inspect first. 😉

image host
Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

mymarleymoo
Community Member

Thanks everyone for your replies.  Ive sent him an email through eBay asking him to provide me with an updated invoice (including postage) so that I can pay immediately via Paypal.  I'll see what he comes back with.

So if my money is transferred into his account and no longer sitting in the Paypal account does that mean I cant get a refund if the item never shows?  (sorry for the Q's, Ive never had any trouble with sellers before so Im new to the whole dispute thing, if it should arise).

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Snap Dave. B-)

image host
Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

mymarleymoo
Community Member

Kopenhagen5 - unfortunately I am in Sydney and there are no manufacturers closer.  There's another seller in Tamworth, but that's much of a muchness to Brisbane for me really.

I do agree with you though, and would have bought from a local seller if there was one.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

if you pay with paypal doesnt matter where he transfers the cash to.....you are covered its the only way to pay large amounts i even use it for heaps of other online purchases 🙂

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply