Seller lied about Australian location, How to proceed?

waldy_13
Community Member

I bought a phone from a seller with the phone being listed in the same state as me, 10 days after payment the seller updated the tracking with an Asian delivery service, What can be done? the phone is still being delivered and isn't scheduled to arrive for a few more days.

I purposely paid more for a phone in Australia, if I had bought from an international sale I could have saved over $100 and the only reason I bought from this seller was the Australian location.

What are my options to proceed?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Was this from the seller in Hong Kong with a lot of feedback about lying where things are posted from?

If buying from a seller in China or Hong Kong, very very very good chance that is where the item will be sent from

What 'they say' in the listing means very little

Where the seller is registered and their feedback say much more

Reading that befoe buying saving a lot of problems and time

The bigger concern is the phone is highly unlikely to be genuine, have zero warranty and a potential fire hazzard 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

"Warehouse, Australia" was the location shown and it was clear in their feedback they weren't in Australia, if that wasn't indication enough?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Must be a new town, I've certainly not heard of a suburb called 'Warehouse' 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry this has happened.

Unfortunately, Chinese/Asian sellers regularly mislead buyers as to where an item is coming from.

Always look to see where the seller is registered, not where the item is located.

Always read a sellers feedback, especially if they do not have 100% positive.

Be aware that anything coming from overseas has no enforceable warranty.

Also, opening a case against the seller will often result in you having to ship the item back at your cost to Asia, with tracking and with virtually no hope of recovering that extra shipping cost. Many of these sellers regularly claim to never receive the item back and refuse refunds. However, if the phone has issues, maybe a case can be opened for a "defective" item which means you may not have to send it back. I would wait and see what happens with the item, but be aware that you only have a max amount of 3 months to open a case on Ebay and up to 6 months on Paypal if the 3 month limit has passed.

Personally I would never buy a phone from an Ebay seller - I would much rather buy it directly from the Australian supplier due to quality and warranty.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

.......but be aware that you only have a max amount of 3 months to open a case on Ebay and up to 6 months on Paypal if the 3 month limit has passed.

30 days past last ETA for eBay and 180 day past purchase date for Paypal jelly.

Edit. Like you I would never buy a boat anchor phone on-line unless it was from an authorised reseller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Must be a new town, I've certainly not heard of a suburb called 'Warehouse' 

lol it might be a new isolation town

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@Padi, thanks - for some reason I had 3 months for Ebay stuck in my head.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply