Seller opened an unpaid item case but said its a glitch?

Recently i bought a laptop , on paypal i have it as purchased and transaction complete . The seller opened a case yesterday for item not payed and messaged me ebay does that itself sometimes and he will send the tracking information tommorow ??? The case is still opened and i do not want to get scammed out of 350$ . I sent him a message to close the case and telling him how his reputation isnt worth ruining and my time not worth being wasted getting the issue resolved if he tries scamming but now im just waiting . What do i do?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

this doesn't make sense - you have paid by PayPal....wait the appropriate time for delivery.....then lodge an Item Not Received dispute if it goes pear-shaped....KEEP all copies of any interactions, so you have backup

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller cannot open an Unpaid Item case if you paid by paypal.

Please do not say you used bank deposit?  If you did then you are on your own and cannot open an Item Not Received dispute i it does not arive.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

He has aknowledged that he received the purchase and said that the unpaid case was an "ebay automated message" . I know for a fact he should be able to cancel that if it were the case but he didnt yet .

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I payed by paypal yes 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Just answer the case with the paypal Unique Transaction ID.

Don't under any circumstances attempt to cancel it or escalate it at present.  Just sit tight for now as a cancelled dispute cannot be reopened.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thing is , the dispute isnt in my paypal but the requiring your action is highlighted but at (0) . Im so confuses right now .
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Nothing makes much sense....the seller cannot open a dispute if you paid by paypal.

Just ignore it till tomorrow....it is Friday maintenance day and the Gremlins come out to play.  It may make more sense in the morning.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

use the 'help & contact' at the top of this page, work your way till you get 'request a call back' then ask the customer service person to explain whats going on.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

rofl

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply