Seller refunded my payment without explanation...

I'm looking for some advice. I won an auction last night and paid within a few minutes using Paypal.
This morning the seller has refunded my payment without any explanation as to why. I've tried contacting the seller and they appear to be ignoring me. I don't understand why the seller is acting this way.
I am concerned that they'll open an unpaid dispute against me. What do I do?
Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

they can't if you have already paid. If they refunded in full they would have caused them self a defect and they won't get there fees back unless they lodge a cancellation request.
do nothing, forget about it.
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

jbmbkb
Community Member

its hapened to me before some sellers just dont want to accept paypal and will refund rather than put up with paypal

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Sellers that do that should be reported.

They expect comms from buyers so should do the same to buyers.

All you can do is leave neg feedback to warn others seller cancelled purchase without a reason or contact and report them to ebay.

The feedback should be factual so they can not get it removed.

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Even though the transaction is now saying it's unpaid due to the refund, they can't open an unpaid dispute against you. Best thing to do is as already suggested, leave factual negative feedback. If it's the seller with 48 feedback who demanded payment on pick up or bank deposit, it will hurt their rating badly, so worth doing it to teach them a lesson. The funny thing about that seller is, even though they demand bank deposit in the description, it's not offered as a payment method.

If it is that seller, I'd say they have refunded either because they didn't get what they wanted for the item, or they refused to accept payment by PayPal. If that's the case, report them.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Thanks for all the advice. The situation was just making me really nervous.
Yes, it is that seller with 48 feedback and for the first time ever, it looks like I'll be leaving negative feedback. It's a shame ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Happened to me a couple of times too. Lame excuses like item is broken when asked, but otherwise no reason was given at the time, and a few weeks later gets relisted starting for more $ than the bidding went to. Really just meant they wanted more, and I have always left negative feedback to alert other buyers they do this.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Again as suggested below, report sellers who do this.  If you have received a message from a seller through eBay, after you have won and paid, saying the item is no longer available because it is broken ........ then if you see it relisted, report the seller.

Even though at a stretch, the seller could say it was a DIFFERENT item, but identical, it is still worth reporting such instances.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

This happened to me last night too!! Seller with 0 feedback so should have known better. Paid and then seller sends message this morning ooops made a mistake , not selling three tops only one (although photos of all three on the listing). Have reported her, waiting to hear back. Trouble is my little girl is so excited to be getting them that I really still want them. As yet not refunded my money (she doesnt know how) Am thinking either a very dumb seller or didnt get price she wanted. I feel you pain.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

How do we report a seller?
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply