Seller reneges on a refund deal for revising neutral feedback.

Never ever do a deal with a seller to get a refund for revising your feedback.

I received a $25 pottery mug in over nine pieces smashed in the mail.  My partner who the mug was for advised me to give NEGATIVE feedback to the seller for sending the fragile mug in a thin cardboard box with no packing at all.  He said "Forget the refund, let others know about this with negative feedback."

Instead I left  NEUTRAL feedback and I thought that was that.  

Later the seller contacted me offering me a full refund if I revised my feedback to positive.

eBay contacted me about the offer and set it up for me to revise my feedback which I did.

Afterwards the seller would not answer my correspondence and neither would eBay.

I have not received the refund. I have a feedback rating as a buyer of over 3000 and have only ever sent around two or three negative and maybe half a dozen neutral feedbacks to sellers. So did this seller pick me out as a soft touch.

I tried to report this to eBay ...  but  I get the   "OOPS Something went wrong" after the information is written and so it's never sent as the feedback complaint apps drop out.

Is there a list of rogue sellers in the eBay Community where I can add this sellers name to?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

No, you can’t name and shame

And most people wouldn’t go along with feedback extortion since it is against eBay policy

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

You should have opened an Item not as described case.

As for you claiming Ebay contracting you about the offer to change your feedback in relation to changing your feedback,  I highly dont believe they would be involved in that in any official way.

Play by the tools Ebay gives you don't try to play your own game.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Lose the "partner".

You could have used the Money Back Guarantee & still left a neg.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I take it the seller sent a feedback revision request

Being against eBay policy, there is no way it was legit eBay who said breach that policy 

Especially since the seller apparently 'targeted' the OP and now wants to also break forum rules by naming and shaming 

Something so easily fixed by using the very simple tool given of opening a dispute 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

There's your mistake right there.

Thinking the seller had all the power when it comes to a refund.

You say you have almost 3000 feedback as a buyer.

Well, here are the facts of life for the seller.

Just say you receive something not as described or broken or maybe you don't even receive something. Sure, you can message the seller as a courtesy but you don't have to.

Your best course of action if either of these things happens is to go straight to ebay (have a look at your My ebay section and there is  a drop down menu on the right, for any item you have bought recently. It may say something like 'return this item' or I did not receive it. Click. Open an ebay claim. Seller can't stop you or interfere in any way.

Once you open it, the seller has to do something to solve it. They can't barter with you, as in, say change your feedback and we will refund. Well, they can but just laugh in their face & tell them you'll report them to ebay for feedback extortion. Just keep that claim open till there is a resolution (refund) . You may have to finalise the claim if the seller has not refunded. Ebay will then refund from the seller's account.

You can leave whatever feedback you like. Just make sure it is within ebay rules.

Never accept any claim by the seller as a reason to close the case. Some will offer to send a replacement etc Just say nope, refund immediately.

There's no list of rogue sellers, you've done your $25 unless you paid via paypal.

If by lucky chance you did, open a claim in there now & follow through, you know what to do now.

Buyers are in the driver's seat, you have the power.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for your suggestion, I see what help I can get from PayPal.   Too bad the seller can't be exposed - anyone who sells breakable items with no protective wrapping whatever should expect neutral or negative feedback!  but Thank goodness most eBay members are honest.

Beth

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

One look at their negs and neutrals would have had me hitting the back-button.

97.8% for a high-volume seller is worse than bad................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Horrendously bad, to put it politely 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Horrendously bad, to put it politely 

.............Yup...............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply