Seller says no tracking for parcel supposedly sent via Aus Post.

Hey!

Just wondering, the seller I bought some shoes from says an item was sent via Aus Post with NO Tracking. Is that even possible? I thought all eparcels had tracking included with them. I know one way which it is possible with the packing satchels(not prepaid or ebay ones), and not including tracking labels as they do not come included with the packing satchel.

Kind Regards.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

$18 for postage. $0.06 auction win price. Could see why he wouldn't sell it. *ahem* the price.

Postage for 3kg parcel/satchel usually costs $12-$13 with Aus Post which is what it was "supposedly" sent with. We'll see by Tuesday and see if it arrives though. Not having good chances though. He charged me $18 for postage.
Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Whcih seller may I ask?

Many of these "untracked" ones are actually drop shipped from china. It says its from Sydney are have an "UnTracked"  label on them. 

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

@goprosuper3 wrote:
I meant he charged $18 for postage when it normally should've been $12.26-$13 as you mentioned. He sent it via Aus Post.

That DOES mean he inflated the postage prices.

That's debateable, really. I know for some it comes down to a matter of semantics, but there being costs associated with postage other than stamp price and adding that to postage charges is technically not inflating, it's including. 

Unless there's something I'm missing, until (or if, I suppose), you receive the package, and can see what service(s) were used, you probably can't say for sure that it was "inflated", unless you consider all postage amounts above and beyond stamp prices to be inflated, I guess (it's obviously possible the P&H was padded a little, sellers who start auctions that low will often ensure they at least don't make a loss). 

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

Yeah, he probably did it so he doesn't register a loss. It was sent standard because I asked him and he confirmed there were no extra services.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

Was the posted listed or quoted after end of auction?

In these days of onlines sales being tracked from start to finish buyers start to expect this, so it is sellers interesrt to provide this or they will get jumpy.

Now for AP to get clever and have after hours scanning dropoffs. After all libraries can do it on book returns. Even if it is just a drop off at outlets which get manually scanned by staff first thing next morning.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

Gosh, just over $3 for packaging materials and the sellers time for packaging up a pair of shoes, definitely a complete rip off, the seller should cover the cost of packaging materials and shoud work for nothing.

Off to remove my tongue from my cheek.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Hi there,

I'm not saying it's a rip off. You can even send shoes in 500g or 1KG satchels if you like. It's $5 extra for the seller if sending 3kg, $8 for 1kg and around $10 for 1kg. I don't think it COSTS that much to pack shoes considering most of the time its just chucked in. This wasn't the main topic anyway, I was just trying to say that its weird how the postage was this high for untracked parcel using Aus Post. 

Not trying to start a controversy over a small issue.  

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

I must admit, I too would be a little curious if there is not tracking with an AP parcel.

image host
Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

I have had parcels arrive with stamps stuck on for the correct amount of postage (and probably thrown in the red bin). No tracking there. I've also had parcels arrive with a sticker saying the item is untracked. The sticker has a number on it but still says it's not tracked. From memory, it's eParcel (or something like that). When I've entered the number into the tracking it comes up as not found.

The OP mentioned 1kg satchels. When did AP start having 1kg satchels? I thought there were only 500g, 3kg and 5kg? A one kilo would be real handy for those few times when a buyer buys a smidgen over 500g. I've never seen them at the post office hanging on the wall with all the others.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

One of the more useful comments yet 😄

Yeah, I agree. It was a small amount, $18.06 so I doubt he'd keep it if he wasn't going to send it to me in the first place. There's just no point in it really. I've had a University of Western Australia starter pack box being delivered in the mailbox. It had a sticked saying "Contract Parcel". 

I think the AusPost Parcel 1kg Satchels are new. I haven't seen them around either till a few months ago and you can't buy them single.

Satchel Size, left to right. 500g, 1kg, 3kg, 5kg.

355 x 220mm

385 x 265mm

405 x 310mm

510 x 435mm

$8.50

N/A^

$13.80

$17.60

$80.75
Buy now

$109.95
Buy now