Seller sold product to another person. I was highest bidder

How can this happen ?

I belived the product I bought was sold to me.

I put in the wining bid on the 29th of Jan (according to ebay)

On the 30th I contacted the seller and asked him to hold off on shipping it till I was ready to recieve it and that I would pay for it if he asked. (I figured I had better check first with him that he didn't mind holding onto the item for a day or two)

Anyway ..

Later that day I paid for it but now have been told by someone else that they won the auction ?

Another forum member...(not this forum)....

Is this allowed ? Can I do anything about it other than leave bad feedback ?

Obviousely I will have to dispute the transaction with PayPal but this is not allowed .. is it ?

At no time did the seller ever answer my 2 emails.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Is the item showing in your items won?

If yes, you won it.

If no, you didn't.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Yes it is showing up.

But this guy in the forums that we both belong to seems pretty convinced he won it.

And the seller is not giving me anything to go on.

I guess I will have to wait it out for a bit.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

How can this happen ?

I belived the product I bought was sold to me.

I put in the wining bid on the 29th of Jan (according to ebay)

On the 30th I contacted the seller and asked him to hold off on shipping it till I was ready to recieve it and that I would pay for it if he asked. (I figured I had better check first with him that he didn't mind holding onto the item for a day or two)

Anyway ..

Later that day I paid for it but now have been told by someone else that they won the auction ?

Another forum member...(not this forum)....

Is this allowed ? Can I do anything about it other than leave bad feedback ?

Obviousely I will have to dispute the transaction with PayPal but this is not allowed .. is it ?

At no time did the seller ever answer my 2 emails.

feeback is the very LAST step in the journey.. you have 60days t leave that.

1. if your seller is non responsive, and eaving aside any ''chat on a forum''... you are the buyer, you have paid, you wait a decent time to receive by post (5 days local / 10+ days from interstate), then you open a PayPal dispute... wait a few more days, still no item and no tracking number from the seller ..you escalate dispute to claim and get your $$ back

THEN and only THEN do you leave appropriate feedback.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Is this the listing for the orange thing? (Odd looking thingy it is).

If so, the seller is in the US so allow for the time difference. You show as the highest bidder so there is no doubt about that.

l think l'd ignore the other forum person who is baiting you.

You would of paid for it via paypal, yes? So your money is safe if the thingy dosen't arrive. Hopefully for that price, the parcel will have some kind of tracking.

But since the listing only finished on the 30th, l'd not start to panic yet, that you haven't heard from the seller.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

OP now that you've brought this to our attention, could you please tell us why it's worth $255, I'm sure I'm not the only nosy one.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

It got the better of me, l had to google.

Its some kind of maze puzzle that is really hard. There are different colours skill levels and most are limited (hand made did l read?)

And yes, expensive they are but l guess it depends on what your hobbies are. If you pay $250 for a puzzle that for six months occupies your mind and is fun, l guess its worth it if that is your thing.

OP - do come back and tell us if the seller has answered you.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

roballs
Community Member

what if the highest bidder doesn't answer your emails to find out if they are still interested in the item and to email me back, but you don't here from them for 2 days and you get contacted by the second best bidder who is willing to pay you the money for your item straight away so you take there offer instead, but then the original winning bidder then decides to pay you after you have already sent the item to the second best bidder.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

what if the highest bidder doesn't answer your emails to find out if they are still interested in the item and to email me back, but you don't here from them for 2 days and you get contacted by the second best bidder who is willing to pay you the money for your item straight away so you take there offer instead, but then the original winning bidder then decides to pay you after you have already sent the item to the second best bidder.

a seller who does that deserves a negative.  Follow eBay processes.

Oh . . . . and if you have an issue you want advice about then start a new thread.  The post previous to yours was posted on 1st Feb !!!!!!!!  Geeeeezzzzzzz, I was a year younger back then!

DON'T recycle an almost 12 month old thread !!!!!!!!!!

TCT
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply