Seller won't refund $80

I now this situation should not have eventuated but it did!

Bought an item months ago ($80) still haven't received and now of course past 45 days cannot get refund paypal.

Was a true sucker for this seller - supposibly runs an animal shelter which got into trouble with storms, flooding etc etc then something went amiss with the seller and another person took over the ebay site to help out - which delayed my item for postage.

Reading between the lines the seller is selling goods offered for charity for funding the animal rescue.

I cannot get any assitance from this person - I have their address, home, mobile phone number put it's excuse after excuse when contacted.

I have tried finding the animal resuce in question but to date no luck - I beleive it's wildlfe so in the end I will as these rescues are supposibly very strictly registered.

I'm not going to give up on this - is it reasonable that I contct the local police station in the sellers region and advise my problem?

I haven't left feedback yet  - I have constantly left emails and SMS messages to no avail.

Anything suggestions?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Seller won't refund $80

I'm not sure that it is a police issue.

It is actually a legal issue, so you need to see a solicitor and persue non performance, breach of contract.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Seller won't refund $80

chezzy
Community Member

Perhaps the local council (in seller's region) or the office of fair trading/consumer affairs can advise you on what steps to take?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Seller won't refund $80

Send a letter of demand, stating that the matter will be referred to the XXXXXX Magistrates Court on 12/12/12 inless you received full and immediate payment of $$$$ into your account etc etc.

I do it all the time, it works a treat.

Make it as legally sounding as possible, you can download 'summons doc' from any courthouse site as a template to give you an idea.

May not achieve the reslut you want, but it may be enough to rattle them.

Or - get someone else to ring them (male if you are female) and speak to them on your behalf - again try to give the impression that this caller is acting on your direction.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Seller won't refund $80

Many thanks - great idea and thanks for advise everyone!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply