Seller won't reply to Warranty Query/Claim

fat232dog
Community Member

Hi All. What do you do?? I have emailed the seller 4 times about an item that has broken down and is repairable under warranty. Not one reply (even though they are always quick to reply when they want to be paid). There website has no phone number. Ebay have advised that they are a PArtner Seller and therefore, only a Supervisor can handle it. 3 Days later, the supervisor advises that they have had no reply either. Can't they just telephone them? Warning to all, these guys are Bad Ebayers. 

Am I allowed to disclose whom they are on these boards??

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You cannot name and shame on the boards but if you put the full title of one of their current listings we can find the seller from that.

Are you aware that many/most manufacturers will not honor warranties for items sold on ebay?

What sort of item is it anyway?

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

if their ID starts with arg.......

forget it, you'll never hear from them!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Show me the money...:) Your best contacting the actual manufacturer, if the seller is a registered distributer of the product then they are likely to be in violation of their terms (the tradmark owner)

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

I agree - contact the manufacturer directly. Whenever I have had issues with products the retailer has always directed me to the manufacturer anyway. I do not know why buying an item on ebay would void a manufacturer's warranty? If it is purchased as a brand new item by a retailer then it shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps send the seller an email advising them you will be contacting the manufacturer directly tomorrow and give them 24 hours to respond.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

I disagree, Putney. My first thought was that the seller's ID started with AGR.

I hope, for the OP's sake, this is not so.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

opps thursday dislexia from me Dave!;-)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

:^O;-)

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Oh dear-they're AGR alright (did some googling) IF OP is talking about his one & only purchase last year.:-(

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

It never ceases to amaze me why, with so many negs, people continue to buy from AG. When you consider that many of their rubbish items will fail after the 60 day limit for leaving feedback I would be surprised if they had more than 50% of buyers who were happy after six months!

You will NEVER hear from them as should be obvious from the feedback!

Many manufacturers will not honour warranties if the seller is not an authorised reseller and many of that companies suppliers will be in China anyway so good luck with getting them to do anything.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply