Seller wont send to a PO Box, but wants good feedback???

shop0holic5
Community Member

Hi,

I would just like some advice, I have been in contact with the seller to advise that when I try to proceed to pay for item, it wont accept my PO Box, and wants an actual address.

The seller has said that if i give them 100% good feedback then they will cancel the item, but is this correct???  Why would I give feedback for an item I haven't recieved?  I have a very high rating myself, and I am worried that just becaue they said that if I give them good feedback that they will do the same.

Is there a way that they can just cancel the request or do I just give feedback and hope they are true to their word?? 

Any words of wisdom would be helpful, thanks

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

hmmmmm as   a  seller i have posted to to postboxes

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

it  sounds like seller extortion

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

If the seller uses a courier and not Aust Post then they do not deliver to PO boxes.

But the seller should state in the listing they need a residential address for delivery.

Can you get it delivered to work if you will not be home?

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

and don't panic about any feedback that a seller leaves you as sellers can only leave buyers +ve feedback.  if they leave a +ve with a comment that has a -ve tone it will be removed by eBay if the buyer asks for its removal.

A seller not accepting a PO Box is not uncommon, especially if you have purchased a large bulky heavy item or like "Sparklz" has said they use a courier service.

It looks like they are willing to cancel the transaction and if you mutually agree then both parties are still able to leave feedback, this is probably why they have said they will cancel only if you leave good feedback for them, sounds to me they are concerned you might leave them negative feedback. At the end of the day, feedback is voluntary so if you agree to the cancellation you don’t have to leave feedback and a seller can’t leave you negative feedback anyway like “Leader of the band” has stated. 

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

or if paying by paypal and the seller sends by registered post to stop dodgy INR claims it cant be sent to a PO box.

Many sellers are now using registered post without stating so in the listings.;-)

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Of course registered post can be posted to a P.O. box. They just put the card in the box, and the person has to go in and sign and collect their parcel.

carly_and_judy your post is not helpful. No one is trying to "extort" the buyer. A courier service needs a physical address, and naturally, they can't access the post box which is provided by an alternate company, yet they need a signature on delivery. Stop scaring the buyer and making something so simple seem like its a scam waiting to be enacted. Of course you send to PO boxes, you probably only use Australia Post !

Sheesh talk about seeing reds under the bed. OP surely you have a relative/work address/friend who can accept the parcel and sign on your behalf.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

or if paying by paypal and the seller sends by registered post to stop dodgy INR claims it cant be sent to a PO box.

WRONG !  PO Boxes are safer than street addresses for Australia Post mail/parcels

When selling, I love sending registered items to PO Boxes.  The reason being that there is a significantly reduced risk of item going missing.  No 'contractor signed and left it on the front step' or 'the guy that answered the door signed for it' or 'it was delivered to the wrong street' . . . . ALL of which can and do happen with some items sent to street addresses (some recent threads have been for these exact situations).

If a seller flat out refuses to send to my PO Box I just have it addressed to my work or my wife's work.  I do, however, try to convince them that it is safer for them to send to the PO Box.

I get couriered items sent to work address because, as stated by others, couriers do not deliver to PO Box addresses.

some recent threads have been for these exact situations

Here's just one:

Thread Title: Customer claims goods not received, AP showing as delivered

http://community.ebay.com.au/topic/Selling/Customer-Claims-Goods/500159462 . . . . . post #45 (by the OP)

Good news everyone! The item was delivered to the wrong address the address is some 40 numbers off the actual postal address. Anxiety aside, I'm so happy to have dealt with yet another good buyer.