Sellers attempt to attract buyers, using sexy photos

This is a very strange way of selling.
I wonder if its actually allowed. All of this sellers items are blatantly exposing womens breasts in an attempt to attract sellers. 

SONY VAIO SVT121 SERIES CORE I5-4200U CPU APTOP MOTHERBOARD A2011748A A1972739A

50 items currently listed and the item list shows pretty much the same gallery photo type.

Is it something that should be reported?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

it is not a new selling tactic. padi posted about a similar thing years back:

CE0BA512-1DD3-476A-97D2-3E1D3AFEF418.jpeg

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I see what you mean, especially since the edge of the nipple is showing. However, I doubt if it would be classed as offensive, there are far worse ads on eBay. Using sex to sell has been around forever, not just on eBay, it is everywhere, so this is nothing new. Personally, I don't know how it would entice someone to buy.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I would think it worked against the seller.

I wouldn't buy from someone seeming dubious and that's the impression it gives.

Maybe I should send the seller a message - Couldn't you find a better model ?  Smiley LOL

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

seven years ago there was a lady selling fishing lures who had a creative way of displaying the lures for photographing.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Selling with sex has been going on for decades, just look at old car and motorbike ads. I would like to think it doesn't work as well nowdays, but I don't really know, or care.

Latest reply

To be fair, the title does say that the listing is for a motherboard...
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Personally, if I came onto ebay to buy a sony motherboard or any other thing, a suggestive ad would not persuade me to part with my money. You'd think the only thing consumers would be checking out would be the sony details.

Actually, suggestive ads are a turn off as far as I am concerned. Seedy. What I want is reassurance I'm getting quality, in both seller & item.

I can sort of understand using attractive models for clothes but not for stuff like computer parts or whatever. Seems odd to me, but then I'm getting older I suppose. I'm not the targeted audience.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

OP..
you should report this to the police. ..ask for the not very serious crime squad
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply