Sellers listing fake items... Cannot call Ebay to report item, as I am not Seller or Buyer

I need to talk to someone at Ebay... but they make it impossible to report items directly.

So far I have seen two fake items sold for a total of $3950...

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sellers listing fake items... Cannot call Ebay to report item, as I am not Seller or Buyer

According to your feedback, you are a seller and a buyer? What are the item numbers you are concerned about?

Every listing has 'report item' directly above the item number

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Unless you have bought a fake item and can prove it is a fake ebay will not do anything.

For all they know you are a competitor out to cause trouble.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Every listing has a "Report item" link, though unless there is a glaring, obvious policy violation, it may take multiple independent reports before eBay takes any action.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You can't call eBay because the call center has been shut for several months due to Coronavirus 

Have your proof the items are fake on hand and contact eBay via Live Chat

Not sure how it is impossible when every single item listed on eBay has a report button right there on the listing 

If you are not a seller or buyer, whose ID are you posting under here?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Good question Sandy.

Great way to prove you are reliable....hijack an account and try to ruin someone else's account.  Ebay will be impressed.Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply