Selling outside of ebay

Is it against eBay's selling policy for a seller to have the same item in an eBay store and also list the same items on a web store? It's not another of the same it's the same item they are selling in 2 different places is this allowed?
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Selling outside of ebay

It was against policy a few years ago however eBay has removed that part of the policy.

Currently eBay don't recommend it as you may end up with 2 buyers, 1 item. 

Especially as eBay offer auctions and once a bid is placed, it is sold.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Selling outside of ebay

@dogchoccoff wrote:
Is it against eBay's selling policy for a seller to have the same item in an eBay store and also list the same items on a web store? It's not another of the same it's the same item they are selling in 2 different places is this allowed?

It seems to be rife.

I was looking at items where the listing said it was advertised elsewhere *cheaper*.

I thought I was misreading but checked gumtree no luck, then bingo at QS.

There's paypal at QS too so I'm tempted.

I think for some slower moving items you'd have to be unlucky to have a sale of exactly the same item at the same time, different sites. If it happened I guess you would then have to cancel & refund one buyer but  eg on gumtree, not a problem as it is usually a cash sale so you'd have time to take it off ebay or end the auction.

Bit of a risk but at the end of the day, people are trying to sell and want as big an audience as possible, I guess.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply