Senders no longer sending to Parcel Lockers/PO Boxes?

Hi,

Has anyone noticed recently that some sellers are no longer letting you use a Parcel Locker address for delivery? I'm talking about sellers that I have purchased things through previously, numerous times, and have used a Parcel Locker address. I've had two recently where I go to buy, and it tells me 'something is wrong' and that 'seller does not send to PO Boxes', and wants me to change it to my home address.

I'm wondering if it is somehow tied into Afterpay now being an option to pay with? The thing is, I'm not selecting afterpay, I'm using PayPal as normal. One seller, I had to message back and forth and they asked me to put it through the home address, and they updated the address on their internal system. Other one, I've just messaged asking why it has changed when I have purchased before. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this as it's going to be annoying if I have to message the seller when this occurs asking for an exemption...

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is entirely up to the seller if they want to send to a PO Box or Parcel Locker....nothing to do with ebay or Afterpay.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

My guess is they have moved away from Aust Post and are using Sendle, Mailman or another delivery service.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

That's interesting. I've only noticed the change since Afterpay suddenly became another payment option. I guess I will see if the latest seller comes back with a reason for the change. You're right, it's up to the seller, but you wonder why they've changed when it wasn't an issue previously.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

One seller I bought from was Sendle, but I could see that when doing the transaction. The other one that updated their address on their internal system sent it out via Royal Mail air mail as normal.
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

It's more about the carrier opting to deliver to Boxes or Lockers.

Many sellers choose a carrier and have no idea they don't deliver to the mentioned.

Getting that message suggests that maybe eBay has fiddled with the program bringing up the message for any sales not being delivered by Regular mail carriers.

image host
Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Since one is coming from the UK I may have to wait awhile to see, but I am curious as it's coming via Royal Mail air mail, which they used last time to send me the same thing (t-shirt) to a Parcel Locker address. They never advised what the change was, only that they could update the address on their own system to the Parcel Locker address.
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

@draven281973 wrote:

That's interesting. I've only noticed the change since Afterpay suddenly became another payment option. I guess I will see if the latest seller comes back with a reason for the change. You're right, it's up to the seller, but you wonder why they've changed when it wasn't an issue previously.

It shouldn't have anything to do with Afterpay and is likely just a coincidence you're noticed what you have around the same time AP became a payment option.

I can only have items sent to a PO box, purchase many items a year, and it's been a very long time since I've found a listing that by default can't be sent to a PO box, and certainly hasn't happened recently.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

It would have absolutely nothing to do with afterpay. Afterpay is a third party thing that doesn't affect sellers in any way.

More likely the sellers have changed to using couriers. I would suggest messaging the individual sellers to get them to confirm they only post to physical adresses. Some might not be aware they have it set that way.

I post to any PO boxes or parcel lockers now but then I don't use couriers

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

I wonder if they are finally introducing the option to block parcel locker and parcel collect addresses, and tying it in to the block on PO box addresses? Do you know if any of the sellers that this happened with do block PO boxes? 

On the one had "yay", I've been begging eBay for years to allow me to block parcel locker / collect addresses, on the other hand, "nay" if it gets lumped in with a PO box block because there are no issues with sending stuff to those, only the locker / collect addresses (you can send anything via Aus Post to a PO box, not so with the other services). 

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply