Sniping with Gixen: some changes are coming

As a long-time sniper who has sprung with jaguar-like swiftness into a last-few-seconds bid on much-wanted items, I have been using Gixen for years.

Other users may have received the heads'-up about Gixen's change of terms, but for those who haven't (or who haven't been using a sniping programme as part of their strategy for winning auctions), I thought I should post the appropriate information here.

❝On (or around) Sep 15th, Gixen will introduce some changes and restrictions on free accounts, as follows:

1. There will be no change in pricing for Gixen mirror subscription. It will remain at $6/year for recurring Gixen mirror subscribers, and $8/year for one-off payments.
  2. Free users will be limited to 4 winning snipes / month. Users who use Gixen in excess of that will be required to subscribe to Gixen mirror (annual, mirror chunks, or pay-per-use).
  3. Gixen mirror users who subscribe to Gixen using recurring paypal payments, and subsequently cancel recurring payment before the end of the subscription period will have their subscription length adjusted accordingly, as if they made a non-recurring payment.
  4. Users who subscribe to Gixen mirror using recurring paypal payments will be protected from any future price increases of Gixen mirror for subsequent years, for as long as they don't cancel the recurring payment.
  5. Pricing of Gixen Mirror Chunks will remain unchanged.
  6. Pricing of Gixen Mirror Pay-Per-Use will remain unchanged.❞

I consider an annual $6 is nothing in comparison with what using an auction sniper can save one on eBay.

DISCLOSURES: I'm not affiliated with Gixen and I don't receive any sort of benefit from posting this or any other information about it. I'm also not a representative of eBay in any way. I would be the President of the Secret Swift Snipers on Auctions Society if it existed, but it doesn't. I love my coffee, and you withhold washed rind cheese from me at your peril.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Sniping with Gixen: some changes are coming

I am glad you posted that.

I once signed up for a sniping program where I had 3 free uses before subscriptions kicked in. I remember using it twice.

But recently there was a cookbook on auction and I thought.. a sniping service might be useful. Couldn't recall the old one I used. Googled and Gixen came up but I wasn't sure how legit it was and when a message came up about allowing changes to my computer, I backed out.

So it is good to know for the future that it is a reliable one.

I am a bit shocked they allow free users 4 free snipes a month!Smiley Surprised

That's a lot.

These days, I find hardly any of the things I look at are in auction format, but I suppose it would depend on the category.

By the way, I probably should have been subscribed to a sniping service.. I totally forgot about the auction till a couple of hours after it ended.

All's good though. An exact same item had been reposted by then and a few days later it changed to add 'Make an offer'. I did.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply