Stanley cups heads-up

Classic Scam Hits eBay Buyers Thirsty for Stanley Cups (ecommercebytes.com)

Stanley cups - Google Search

I had to Google because I'd never heard of them......don't know whether it's a 'thing' here, but buyer beware!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Stanley cups heads-up

Must be a slow news week for her.

Listings like this were old when the Dead Sea was only sick.

And yes THEY ARE huge in the states... all over the book of faces eBay groups.

Lovely place the US... spoilt by a large proportion of the population.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Stanley cups heads-up

Geez, how did ebay members survive before ecommercebytes? Thankfully, I do very well without most of the scam articles on it.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Stanley cups heads-up

I doubt there is a huge market for North American ice hockey trophies in Australia.

And I didn't need google.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Stanley cups heads-up

...read again

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Stanley cups heads-up

I stand by my comment.  The Stanley Cup is the trophy for winning the National (Ice) Hockey League. Contested between teams from Canada and the USA. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Stanley cups heads-up

Won 6 times - the last 2015.

Chicago_Blackhawks_logo.svg.png

Chicago Blackhawks.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Stanley cups heads-up

You have to remember Dave, that site is Twyngwyn's bible. He lives, eats, breathes it. He can't function without it. It seems he spends most of his waking hours trawling it for anything relating to ebay (and probably other stuff). It's been proven countless times that a lot of stuff posted on that site is complete garbage. Yes, occasionally something legit is posted, but most of it is complete foofle.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Stanley cups heads-up

tyngwyn is a she

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Stanley cups heads-up

I'd not heard of these cups and it does sound like more of an American thing, but I noticed in one of the replies that the person suggested that ebay protection would protect a buyer and refund the money.

I think that would probably be the case as although the seller may put in the description that it is a photo they are selling, the rest of the ad and title could reasonably be taken to be deliberately misleading.

The trouble of course is plenty of buyers don't seem to know how to make a claim and waste their time in messages back & forth to a seller. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply