Stop Chinese scams

Two items purchased this week with iitem locations in Sydney. Turns out they are location scammers from Hong Kong and China. They dont have anything in Australia and have likely never set foot here. My items do not arrive on time and the scammers have supplied a chinese tracking number. Its been enterd as an Auspost tracking number through ebay but Auspost website does not recognise the number.  

Ebay are fully aware but because they make a cut from these scams and because there are so many it's a good revenue. This started becoming an absolute joke.. People select the AUSTRALIA ONLY BUTTON all they get is dozens of Chinese scammers misrepresenting the location. Its been happening for more than a decade.

What we need to do is get together. There needs to be mass complaints at the same time to the ACCC and also members of parliment. Regarding this. Given the current situation i think it's about time people start to wake up to deceptive Chinese. 

Who wants to join me?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Stop Chinese scams

The rest of us are already joined in this.

We don't buy from China anymore nor have been for years. Well, many of us at least.

image host
Message 2 of 54
Latest reply

Stop Chinese scams

jabl4815
Community Member

its rampant. I bought some masks. ebay removed the ad and wont tell me why (after I purchased it) 
a tracking no was provided but it doesnt go anywhere, somehow they put a tracking no in that ebay recognizes, but the package never goes anywhere. 
the reason I know this is happening. I bought a Windows 10 CD key and was sent it thru mail. no  physical copy was sent. however the seller posted a tracking number that says it is on its way. But I know it isnt, and he does too. it was already delivered. 

So somehow sellers are getting around this tracking number. I dont know how. but I want ebay to look into it. 

Message 3 of 54
Latest reply

Stop Chinese scams

Then complain to eBay. Or the ACCC. Or your local, state and Federal MPs. Posting on the member boards won't bring it to eBay's attention, much less elicit action.

Or even, if you have 2 seconds to spare, check where a seller is registered before you pu7rchase.

This is the 3rd or 4th thread about this this week, even though the numbers of sellers probably haven't changed. Did you, perchance, read any of those before you started yet another one with the exact same complaint?

Message 4 of 54
Latest reply

Stop Chinese scams

If you want ebay to look into something you will need to contact them yourself as they do not read or respond on these boards.

But what do you want ebay to investigate if you have your item?   A tracking number that did not work?

What a storm in a teacup!

Message 5 of 54
Latest reply

Stop Chinese scams

Well because its a scam. It called item location misrepresentaion. No storm in a tea cup. Life goes on but this is not 1999 anymore. Look ate what happening to the world. This pandemic is not and accident.   Regardless, my point is not that i have been deseaved but just the fact that ebay allow it to happen for over a decade now. I have been scammed many times from china I have imported and sold half a million dollars worth on ebay and know very well how deceptful Chinese sellers are. Is allowing it a scam,, YES!  

I am a disability pensioner and heart lung patient, I need a mask, i need one local in this pandemic,, all boarders shut, need mask to protect my life and i dont have a lot of money, i press Australia only. I buy from Sydney Australia. Item still no show 3 weeks later. Opens case for refund, item shows up after 1 month. Item is fake defective not as described yet ebay has closes case due to tracking number sayng delivered. Case apeal, Now week 5 or 6 weeks trying to get refund.. Not only that, Ebay removes the item but does nothing to seller. At this stage buyer can not leave feedback. 

No storm in tea cup but this is how Ebay lets direspectful lowlife animals make money as long as they pay a cut. Because they are rearly stopped from doing it.

Message 6 of 54
Latest reply

Stop Chinese scams

Yes i was the same. I don't buy from china and as i pressed Australia only in the options i did not expect to be buying from China.

As the item location said Sydney and ebay was telling me that i was viewing listings from Australia only i decided to press buy. Only after that i looked at seller registration location.. This was my mistake and is why ebay have made it this way.  I didn't think to look because Everything points to an Australian location in the listing. Description said will post within 2 days, Postage said Auspost 1-7 days, Location Sydney, Australia only listings..This is as much an ebay scam as it is chinese.  What is a disability pensioner with no money and no stimulas meant to do. I just needed a mask in the middle of a pandemic with heart and lung conditions i was not willing to buy anywhere but domestic. Yet some people think it's my falt for walking into it.

Over a decade and they have changed nothing even after thousands of complaints..

Not buying from china is not going to stop this happening to others for another decade to come. Ebay needs to stop this **bleep** and the whole world is now sick of Chinese deception exept those making money from it.

Message 7 of 54
Latest reply

Stop Chinese scams

Yes Jabl.. I bought masks too. Ebay also removed the isting. Probably the same seller.  Ebay removes the listing and if you made a case for not received  whatever you receive you will not have any right to claim it not as described or leave feedback.

Like i have said, ebay know and they allow it because they see the money. They have very little customer sevice, its all automated and they don't have spend money on disputes.  Chinese are on EBAY.CN who no doubt make sure that their scammers can continue to do this. 

Message 8 of 54
Latest reply

Stop Chinese scams

@proshop71 wrote:

Over a decade and they have changed nothing even after thousands of complaints..

...........and there you have it, you've known about the way the Chinese get around the item location policy, yet you can't be bothered to check feedback for the seller's registration location.............and probaly numerous negs for that same violation.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 54
Latest reply

Stop Chinese scams

Also.. They can enter whatever tracking into the ebay order they want.. As an option they can select from a drop down list of who the courier is.. All they do is choose Auspost and ebay accept it.. The order then comes up with a shipping number and auspost as the courier even though it is not tackable through auspost. The tracking goes nowhere for weeks while tthe item is shipped from China. 

Ebay have never bothered to change this system because it puts money into the bank accounts of fat cats and its is very easy to hide all the complaints so that nobody can see them.

Message 10 of 54
Latest reply