This user is no longer registered on eBay.

Checking my ebay this morning I found this message on the bottom of an order "This user is no longer registered on eBay." but no further Info. Is my paid for order ok? I used the contact seller link but got the message invalid item number. What happens now???

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Just wait for the item to arrive then check it out. If it doesn't arrive within the ETA estimates then you can still go through eBay's MBG to get your money back - the same if it's faulty.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I was under the impression that seller couldn't just close their accounts immediately as there is a waiting period to see if there are buyer issues, chargebacks, disputes etc. Which leads me to think it might have been a scam/hijacked account and closed by Ebay themselves.

Was it expensive, or can you share the item number from your side of the transaction?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

I was under the impression that seller couldn't just close their accounts immediately as there is a waiting period to see if there are buyer issues, chargebacks, disputes etc. Which leads me to think it might have been a scam/hijacked account and closed by Ebay themselves.

Was it expensive, or can you share the item number from your side of the transaction?

If you choose to close your account, it won't close until 6 months after your last transaction. If ebay choose to close your account, it's instant.

OP, open a dispute for item not received. If you can't do it now, keep trying until you are able to do so. If the seller is no longer registered, ebay have shut them down and you aren't going to get the item, so don't delay. 

Definitely open the dispute via ebay first.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

If the seller is no longer registered, ebay have shut them down and you aren't going to get the item, so don't delay. 

A few of weeks ago eBay NARU'd one of my sellers yet the item did arrive, albeit pretty late, unfortunately I had no way then of repaying the seller or leaving positive feedback for them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply