USPS tracking info changed

hus2385
Community Member

Hey, everyone 🙂 

Been a bit of a while in between US purchases (ok I assume they are US-based lol) and there are not only new tracking prefixes (UJ/UM instead of LK/LJ etc) but an apparent 3rd-party is now involved. I am getting tracking info stating this "Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item" and in one instance, this status hasn't moved for 1 1/2 weeks.

Anyone else experienced this? Am guessing its just a way of cost-cutting for USPS, no matter how much slower it is

Plus "First class International" seems to have morphed into "International letter", unless I'm missing something. 

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

It's not the GSP is it?
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Nope, definitely not! 

I only had to endure that hell once to learn my lesson lol

Listing says this, as usual 

"USPS First Class Mail International / First Class Package International Service"

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Welp, it's rolled around to 2 weeks in limbo for one item, not quite one week for another...still marked as "Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item"

I would really love to know what the hell this means lol...still there's another 2 weeks roughly before the last day of expected delivery so hopefully there will be some movement by then. However if it isn't even in USPS' hands yet I'm a bit sceptical tbh.

I've never had experience of an "item not received" either so hope it doesn't come to that, though I believe with this stalled tracking info it would have to be a fairly straightforward case? Fingers crossed anyway. 

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

USPS tracking - I have a parcel sent from USA 27 days ago. Took ages to leave US then according to tracking came to Sydney (where its supposed to be) then left Sydney and went to Tokyo and left Tokyo 14 days ago and thats where tracking ends - has'not  been updated for 2 weeks - cant contact USPS and so I have to wait another few days until the delivery period is up and then lodge a claim I guess. This is madness!

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

@ruthrcs wrote:

USPS tracking - I have a parcel sent from USA 27 days ago. Took ages to leave US then according to tracking came to Sydney (where its supposed to be) then left Sydney and went to Tokyo and left Tokyo 14 days ago and thats where tracking ends - has'not  been updated for 2 weeks - cant contact USPS and so I have to wait another few days until the delivery period is up and then lodge a claim I guess. This is madness!

Hey, there's a coincidence - same here! (almost)

Except my item went from Tokyo to Sydney and nothing since April 15...Aust Post denies that it ever entered the country, almost a week since the last estimated delivery date. Other item posted at the beginning of April never showed up, so I think its safe to say that these items with strange prefixes using 3rd party shipping are 1) never going to be trackable and 2) less than likely to ever show up. 

Another parcel I had with the usual 'LZ' prefix was posted 2 weeks later and arrived no issues, tracked all the way here. 

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Yes the same  in my case, starting with UJ tracking but the status never moved ...... almost 3 months waiting and I cant reclaim to anybdoy,... nobody knows what happend...:S

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Why haven't you contacted the seller and/or opened an item not received dispute to get your money back?

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

I contacted him, but for some reason my ebay account had a problem with my payment account and the money could not be transfered and the period to get the money back ended... now I am not able to reach the seller :S.... 

However, it is weird where the packaged starting with UJ are located :S.... I am not the only one with this issue. 

Regards.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Have you tried opening a dispute in paypal if the ebay dispute failed?

It is much quicker and simpler than an ebay dispute.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply