Unable to bid

Why does the message below come up when the seller is willing to take my bids and has given me a postage quote?

Unfortunately, this item cannot be posted to Australia. But don't give up just yet – Opens in new window or tab.find similar items offered by other sellers. (5010)

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unable to bid

Thanks for the reply I think you are correct on looking closely at the sellers page I notice that they sell to EU only excludes Russia

At first I thought it was related to being offered a none eBay system postage cost 

Also I suppose eBay needs to collect the Gerry Harvey promoted sales tax (a sales tax on second hand goods and antiques lol)

Again  thanks for your prompt response 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unable to bid

I'm not going to open that link, as you should never trust links posted on public forums.

But they most likely have there settings set not to post to oz,   They can still communicate and send you a quote,  but the system wont let you buy unless they change the settings.    Only a guess here, but the most likely option,  Ask them to check.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Unable to bid

Thanks for the reply I think you are correct on looking closely at the sellers page I notice that they sell to EU only excludes Russia

At first I thought it was related to being offered a none eBay system postage cost 

Also I suppose eBay needs to collect the Gerry Harvey promoted sales tax (a sales tax on second hand goods and antiques lol)

Again  thanks for your prompt response 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply