Useless consumer service centre

nep224
Community Member

It took literally 55 minutes and 3 different Assistants to tell me to "ask for an invoice". When I complained that they were inept and frustrating, they just terminated the chat. I really think they should compensate me for my time. Last time I buy anything with eBay

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Most likely it would have taken about 5 minutes max if you had asked other members here for help

Unlike eBay CS staff, we have actual experience with using eBay/buying/selling

I am not surprised they ended the chat , what did you expect they would do? agree with you?

Of course most of them are, but they are not going to stick around and continue a pointless 'chat'

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

So sorry to see you go, but don't slam the door on the way out................

Spoiler
............hint, "sarcasm".......................

Edit. G'day Kopes and Sandy.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

So you want compensation ?

Try calling Telstra without needing to wait and you even got to talk with 3 reps.

Try posting the issue here, a lot of experience pooled here.

But maybe asking for invoice IS the best solution.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

My issue has more to do with eBay stopping an order going via eBay global shipping and then making me jump through hoops to get my money back. Which no I don't have back yet. No fault from the seller he did his bit.  What really bothered me is when eBay sends a "has this been resolved question" because you can't reply to the email as if you just reply it goes to an unmonitored mail box. So not only do you have to jump through hoops to get money back when it's an eBay issue they mess you about and try and make the seller liable for their decision. Frankly it's disgusting. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Why not explain exactly what happened?

That is if you would like some help.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If the issue is that an item which you purchased was deemed to be on the banned list / non-deliverable, itโ€™s not eBay who decides that. It is Pitney Bowes. (Sometimes this is based upon the list of restricted items set by Customs/Border Force, or the carrier, but often enough it is PBโ€™s weird interpretation or extension.)

If it is an issue of receiving your refund for the goods, it may be that you need to contact eBay live chat.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply