Warranty and/or returns

Has anyone had an experience where you recieve an item, go to install it a month or two later and find its faulty.? Contact seller, seller is slow to respond (appears to be stalling) and finally offers to send you a replacement. The replacement doesnt come after waiting a number of weeks but by then your unable to dispute it or leave feedback. I had created a return wherein eBay claimed I had until 2nd June to sort it out with the vendor but on the 8th May I receive a message from eBay telling me my case is closed.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Warranty and/or returns

Now open a case in PayPal for INAD but sign up for their free returns before opening the case.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Warranty and/or returns

Sorry, but it seems that you did not follow procedures and have left it too late to do much, except perhaps try for a refund with paypal if that is how you paid. Experienced people here may still be able to offer you advice but we need more info, like, where is the seller located (country), what was the item and problem, were they a licenced reseller of the item?

Latest reply

Warranty and/or returns

Never, never, never, NEVER let a seller string you along beyond the eBay dispute timeframe.

I also very strongly suggest that you do not accept an offer of a replacement in the circumstances that you describe. You know the old "Fool me once" adage...? I would be reluctant to trust a seller who has already sent something faulty, and generally speaking, I'd ask for a refund. If the refund were not actioned within the appropriate timeframe, I'd send one final communication to the seller to let them know that unless I received the refund within, say, 48 hours, I would be escalating the case to eBay (i.e., asking eBay to step in).

I would follow through with that in the event of the seller still not issuing a refund that I could see had been issued.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Warranty and/or returns

You should be checking items when they arrive. eBay's Money Back Guarantee is only available 30 days. Feedback can only be left for 60 days.

PayPal has a 180 day window to dispute a purchase, so that is the option left for you now. As kopes said, sign up for PayPal's free return shipping BEFORE disputing the transaction. It means if resolving the problem requires you to send the original item back, PayPal will reimburse you the shipping charge.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply