Watch list question & vent - ebay been fiddling with it again?

I take it ebay have changed the watch list settings yet again?

It was great when it changed from the standard watch list to be able to create your own lists, thereby being able to watch many more items. Then they changed it back. Then a few months later changed it to multiple watch lists.....and now back to basics AGAIN!

I don't buy much, but with four kids I watch hundreds of items at once, I'm a window shopper lol. So other than the usual watch and wish lists I also had a custom list for each child. Those lists are still on My ebay, but the drop down menu has disappeared again when I go to watch something. 

So I now only have the option to watch an item on my watch list....wish list and custom lists are not there.

And NO ebay, I damn well don't want to start a collection. I kinda like the privacy of being able to watch stuff I'm interested in without it appearing on public view. 

I know I shouldn't whinge as I started on ebay back in 2003, when you could watch a grand total of 50 items. But seriously ebay...STOP BLOODY CHANGING THINGS FOR THE WORST!

That feels so much better 🙂

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Oh how I agree with you. but I can make life a bit easier for you.

You can set your collections to Private....dont ask me how though....I don't use them mainly because the items in a collection do not appear on your watch list so they are easily missed when the listings are due to finish.

To use your persoanl lists try logging into the USA.....they are still available there for the moment, although how long it will last is anyone's guess.

The most effective way I have found is to search on the Australian site and out the items on your Watch list then go to the US site and delete them from that list and put them on your personal list.   If you actually search on the US site you often miss things because os where the US sellers will/will not post to.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Oh that's fantastic Lyndal, thank you!

I did see something mentioned earlier about the US ebay being much easier, I wonder why they always seem to fancy using ebay AU as their guinea pig? The changes are so drastic that after a 6 yr break from ebay I had to re-learn everything, I'm totally lost! As soon as I think "Ok, figured it out now" they up and change it again.

For some reason though it seems I can see (and access) all my lists on My ebay when logged in to the AU site. I just came across a thread that was about the same issue, and it seems most Aus based ebayers have had all their lists vanish unless they are on US ebay?

Yet mine are showing on My ebay, just not on the items. Odd....but now that I've said that they'll probably disappear lol.

So I did what you said - have imported my watch list to a custom list, then deleted the items under the watch list. It worked brilliantly, all items are still there and I now have an empty watch list, yay! Thanks for that 🙂

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Glad to be able to help.

My Collections are still seen on ebay.au but I forget about them.  Every so often I go in and delete the items that have ended without me knowing about it.  Invariably when I go to delete items I find something back that I deleted weeks ago.  They never seem to disappear for good.

I don't know what I did before Personal lists were available.  I have had up to 1000+ items on my lists at times.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

And here we are again - Ebay messing with our watchlists and taking away the 'all lists' options - this will add over an hour to my daily searches - time I don't have - THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST 'UPGRADE' eBay has ever done. When they are already losing customers they have just made me look at FEWER items than ever, never to buy again????

Bring back 'all lists' please, or I'm going to Etsy and Amazon.....

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I doubt your issue is the same one as FIVE years ago.

Venting here won't help. eBay neither read nor respond to board posts.

See ya

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Also do to changes that eBay made using the Delete button for the previously viewed items. Be careful if you think you are deleting just the previously viewed items it actually blows away your entire watch-list.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@feather691 wrote:

Also do to changes that eBay made using the Delete button for the previously viewed items. Be careful if you think you are deleting just the previously viewed items it actually blows away your entire watch-list.

That should be of great comfort to the OP who posted this thread in 2015.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply