When is a location not a location

Only wanted to purchase a wrist pedometer and there were a large number of sellers.  Filtered the location as Australia only and  auction type.  Checked seller, no record in Australia, they had a number of other items and , as it turns out a number of other trading names.  Was the site hijacked - no.  Turns out the seller was one of the  trading names of perhaps the biggest e commerce company in China, according to reports.  Should have realised when they gave the delivery date due within a ten day time frame.  Personally, have no issue with the item coming from China, particularly Shenzhen, would love to meet the logistics coordinator when it arrived within 7 days.  But a PO box with no name, Australia post "sachel" being a stick on Australia Post prepaid for overseas suppliers - come on!!  Why go to all that bother, if you are are delivering from China, fine, say so!!  Not an issue.  But say so.  Then again, can I say definitively it was posted direct from Shenzhen, would I swear on a cricket program, probably not?  Is it clever marketing or is it misleading marketing?  Recognise the tricks, such as the span of 10 day delivery time, the company with no record or registration.   As for the article, yep, delivered and works.  

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

When is a location not a location

I just use the pedometer on my phone. It comes standard with Samsung smartphones and iPhones (and possibly others).

Refining the search to Australia only is a bit deceptive. The results show sellers that only post to Australia. Those sellers could be in Australia and only post domestically, or they could be anywhere in the world. If a Chinese seller only posts an item to Australia and no other country, it will show up in Australia only results. Same as a seller in the US that only posts to Australia. If an Australian seller posts internationally, their items won't show up in the search.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply