Where did my bid go?

I was bidding on an item today, following my usual format, waiting untill about 30 seconds before I  'confirmed bid'. But nothing showed up? I messaged the seller whom I had messaged earlier with questions to see if there was anything unusual at his end, but he was mystified too, he already had a bid earlier but never saw my bid. Nothing in Purchase history. Item title went purple on my Watch List? Anyone had this before? Maybe I had brain failure and stabbed the wrong button.

Matthew.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Where did my bid go?

It's Friday - eBay maintenance/glitch day.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Where did my bid go?

Should I avoid bidding on Fridays?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Where did my bid go?

Yes

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Where did my bid go?

Should I have bid a little earlier, and followed up with another if the first one did not stick?

Dumb question: When an item title goes purple on my watch list (ended) what does that mean? 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Where did my bid go?

Often a good idea to bid on the safe side if it's an item you really want. Not only for Fridays, but sometimes the internet line may drop out, rare but happens.

Ended in the watch list means it is sold or time expired and they may re-list. Also could be the seller has ended it taking it off ebay.

image host
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Where did my bid go?

Dumb question: When an item title goes purple on my watch list (ended) what does that mean?

Usually it means you've looked at that page in your recent browsing. Like the way links change colour when you've visited that page recently and not cleared cache and cookies since, or closed your browser window.  Nothing to do with bidding.

Integrity is priceless.
“I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating”. Sophocles
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Where did my bid go?

Thank you everyone.

Matthew.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply