Why does my username appear when I make a bid and others appear for example e***9

Why does my username appear when I place a bid and others appear as for example y***7

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why does my username appear when I make a bid and others appear for example e***9

Only you can see your full username when bidding. Everybody else sees the y***7.

To check, log out and search for one of the items that you have placed a bid on.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Only you and the seller can see your user ID (if logged In).  To others your username will appear in coded form too.

The seller can see the user IDs of all that have placed bids. on their goods.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@sircynge wrote:

Why does my username appear when I place a bid and others appear as for example y***7

Your ID only appears in full to yourself & the seller.

All other bidders only see your ID as per the example you have given.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

if you click on the help icon in the bidding

you can see the explanation 

To keep eBay a safe place for buyers, member-specific information is not displayed. Each bidder is assigned an anonymous name, that is used consistently throughout the bid history for an item.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply