Why dosnt Ebay make sellers show there suburb?

It really bothers me that Ebay do not make sellers advertise the suburb they are from, it make sit so much easier to pick items when you know where they are, the closest major city does not cut it anymore. 

Also, when i search for a product, say Televisions second hand/used. 

It should show suburbs/location in the search fireld, that is as important to me as what the item is sometimes. 

It would really save alot of time by me not having to click on something that is in QLd which i can not pick up or have delivered. 

Please ebay, will you make this happen so shopping for Used goods is easier, and more enjoyable. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

This is a suggestion you need to send to ebay not here as ebay do not man these boards only moderators and we are members like yourself and can not do what you suggested.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/account/suggestions.html

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

ya know you can send any seller a message asking where they live for free?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You can. but you have to wait for a reply and the sale item might be near finishing.

I find the gumtree process very easy, you just change the suburb as needed.

What needs to be remembered is that items may not be at the home of the seller. At present on Gumtree I have items listed in 3 different locations and it works easily, I just change the location button as needed.

Sellers really should list the suburb, it would help.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Most of it's probably due to eBay's convoluted system where they put in the suburb and then the city,(which

makes the address wrong).

So only the city shows up where as the suburb should be the one that shows,(they just need to remove the

street address 2 where the members fill it out as suburb there and then City in where it says City).

Or maybe change it to City or suburb so that members put it in correctly.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I always put the suburb in the title for pick up items, I like to encourage buyers unlike some sellers. If I am searching for a pick up item I do a distance search then I usually get the nearest items first.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply