Why has the option of asking for a combined invoice been removed from the cart?

I bought approximately 20 stamps from a seller. Some were able to be "agree to purchase" but the remainder could only be placed in the cart. When I go to the  cart I am only given the option for paying for the items with approximately 15 postage charrges. Previously I could ask for a combined invoice from the seller. Why has this changed?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Unfortunately no one here can provide a definitive reason, we can only speculate, suspect, theorise, empathise with the frustration and be generally accusatory of eBay.

It might be worth asking the seller for a single custom listing with accurate postage costs, should they be willing, or at least reaching out and seeing if they can provide an alternative option. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I buy many stamps and associated items. It seems that either the programmers do not understand how Ebay works or they are being instructed to program that way. The functionality of Ebay is continually being eroded.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Be careful what you wish for,I asked for an invoice last night and woke up today saying that I have already paid.

Ebay obliged upon them selves to pay using some kind of a default payment that I never authorised.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Settle down Crow......you have already said that payment was not made.  Somehow the Paid button was hit....you were able to unmark it as paid.   Just another ebay glitch and not all that serious in the scheme of ebay glitches.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

No lyndal I won't settle down lol as now the seller has stated they have revised the postage but I haven't got any revised postage it's still the same postage so I won't be paying and it looks like I'll be getting a strike haha so my thuggery might have to come to fruition lol.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Try hitting the Pay button and see what comes up.....I have had it happen in the past.  The invoice does not arrive but the amount is correct when you go to pay.

Why get a strike for the sake of trying to pay....you never know, it may work.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Took your advice lyndal and just paid $50 for postage when it should have been discounted down to $20 Woman Sad

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Paying is a 2 step process. You could have hit the back button when you saw the postage hadn't been discounted, before you hit the pay button a second time. Good luck trying to get a refund from the seller.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Oh Crow, I can't believe you actually paid when you found the postage had not been updated.

You have been round long enough to know better,Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply