Why is it that eBay always takes the side of the seller.Got burnt for $32.00 from <removed>

ccafc1
Community Member

Why is it that eBay always takes the side of the seller.Got burnt for $32.00 from <removed> .All that eBay said was we will look into it and sorry.Then they said that there was nothing they could do.This seller messed me around until it was to late to leave  a feedback as i was going away.With the totat time it took for me to complain it was also to late for me to try and get my money back from Palpal.As in life,One law fro the rich and one law for the poor,eBay,one law for the seller and one law for the buyer.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Why is it that eBay always takes the side of the seller.Got burnt for $32.00 from <removed>

@ccafc1 wrote:

Why is it that eBay always takes the side of the seller.Got burnt for $32.00 from <removed>.All that eBay said was we will look into it and sorry.Then they said that there was nothing they could do.This seller messed me around until it was to late to leave  a feedback as i was going away.With the totat time it took for me to complain it was also to late for me to try and get my money back from Palpal.As in life,One law fro the rich and one law for the poor,eBay,one law for the seller and one law for the buyer.

ccafc, when you pay by PayPal you are clearly told of the 45 day cutoff for a claim and the 60 day cutoff for feedback.

If you allow a seller to string you out past both of those time limits how is it possibly eBay or PayPals fault?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Sorry? How is this Ebays fault?

You let the seller string you along till it was too late to make a claim. When you bought your item the email you received would have stated that you had 45 days to take action if something went wrong.

NEVER let a seller string you along till you are out of time, even if they have ver honest sounding excuses. Even if you start the claim process you can still give the seller another 20 days to make good before take stronger action so that gives them plenty of time to get your item to you.

The rules are there for buyers and sellers. Take time to read them and spend time reading posts on the forum and you will learn a lot.

Latest reply

The feedback left for your seller from numerous buyers is not what you would call comforting.  Therefore it should have alerted you to the fact that things may not have gone as you would like.  The only possibility for turning around your out of pocket costs would be if you funded your purchase by credit card through Paypal which might enable you to do a chargeback through your bank.  If not then it is likely that you have lost your money.

And, I can assure you, that eBay does not always take the side of tbe seller. 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

This seller messed me around until it was to late to leave  a feedback as i was going away.With the totat time it took for me to complain it was also to late for me to try and get my money back from Palpal.

the seller didn't mess you around, you were in complete charge of when you open a dispute/claim to get your $$ back from paypal and in control of when you left feedback.   YOU decided to not follow ebay/paypal guidelines and instead do your own thing to rectify problem with the seller until such a time as ebay/paypal had no choice but to follow their own rules, and you lost out.

always stay in control of your own situations and you'll have a much happier time on ebay.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I.m not saying that it is eBays fault.All i am saying is that this seller has a long history of not sent items,but still no one does anything to stop him or her.As long as eBay gets there money they they are happy to let bad traders sell on there site.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I gave him the benefit  of the doubt as he told me that he had sent the item and he was going to send me a replacement.Then i went overseas for seven weeks,so it was to late to do anything.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@ccafc1 wrote:

I.m not saying that it is eBays fault.All i am saying is that this seller has a long history of not sent items,but still no one does anything to stop him or her.As long as eBay gets there money they they are happy to let bad traders sell on there site.

eBay's not going to know if the seller is doing something wrong unless either you open a dispute, or use the "report item" link on the item page (on the RHS below the seller information)

IMO eBay is far more likely to take action if a dispute is opened rather than a "report item" notification is used.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Got my money back in the past by using Paypay so i do know the rules.Was out of the country for several weeks otherwise i would have reported him sooner.But saying that i know from past experience that eBay hate to get involved in any kind of dispute.There motherly words are Oh dear i am sorry to hear that.So why is it that the name of the seller was taken off my message.It's me not Ebay that was complaining about them,they have no come back other than keeping the sellers,good or BAD happy.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Because you are not allowed to name and shame a member on these boards

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply