Why is it that i buy from someone in Nsw but they want me to Return it to China

Hello i bought some lights from a seller on ebay in NSW and they don`t fit so i want to return them and they want me to return them to China.WHY?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

My guess would be the seller is registered in China and has many negs for claiming they are in NSW?

A great deal of your feedback is from sellers who are in China 

If that is the case, very very lucky that they just did'nt fit rather than catch fire

Does the size of the lights you were sent match the item description?

If what you got does not match the description, open an item not as described case

What kind of lights were they?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@01godfather1 wrote:

Hello i bought some lights from a seller on ebay in NSW and they don`t fit so i want to return them and they want me to return them to China.WHY?

If the location given was NSW, then  I wouldn't be trying to sort this out privately with the seller any longer. I think I would be going with a formal ebay claim for item not as described and if the seller persists in asking for a return to China, I would get in touch via chat with an ebay rep and point out the item location was Australia so you should only be required to return to Australia. 

I don't know how you'll go with that but as far as i am aware, sellers aren't supposed to misrepresent item location.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I agree with springyzone and I'd just like to add that if a seller represents themselves in Australia with the location and they accept returns etc., it should be a requirement with the registration that they provide a return address located in Australia.

I know that it is frustrating for some buyers who have an item that has been dispatched from say, a Sydney warehouse but they then encounter an issue of having to return it to a Chinese or even East European location.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You are 100% correct, it should be a requirement that any seller representing an item as in Australia can only provide an Australian return adddress. As far as I am concerned, if they don't or won't, then ebay should be able to issue a full refund without the need for a return.

I have a friend who bought a camera from Sydney but when it immediately had issues, the seller requested it was sent to Malaysia. It gave her a lot of worries though in this case, I have to say, the seller did honour the warranty. She had not opened an ebay claim as such, it was all done privately, but all the same, buyers should not be put in this position.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply