Withdrawn Item

Has anyone come across the situation where an item starts with an obviously very low price, and the bidder's bid is "cancelled" by the time the sale ends with the reason given that the item is "no longer available", when say the only bid received  is the single low starting price, well below what the seller might have been hoping to sell for?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Withdrawn Item

Remember - the seller own the item and can do anything that they like with it until somebody buys and pays for it - only then does ownership transfer.

So, the seller can do whatever they like. If they choose to cancel the bids then they are the ones that miss out on the money.

It is very common for new sellers to make this mistake - they list at 99c starting price for some item that nobody really wants. Then when they don't get any decent bids they freak out and close the auction... it doesn't hurt anybody, even though it's a tiny eenie-weenie bit annoying.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Withdrawn Item

I recently ended a 99c auction that had a single bid for a brand of garrment that usually sells for considerably more than this.

I was preparing to package the item, as I do after I list, and the zip broke.

I ended the listing -  with the reason that the item is "no longer available"  noting that the choices available to end the listing are pretty limited.   The garment went into the "rag collection bag" so hopefully it can be recycled into something useful.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Withdrawn Item

Thank you "thecatspjs" (I  like the name). Your example is a totally valid situation.

The reply by "the3coopers" may be more like the case that I refer to.

Kindest regards,

asummerbreeze 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Withdrawn Item

Thank you "the3coopers".

If it is withdrawn, then common courtesy would allow the seller to send a message detailing the reason - at least to the highest bidder prior to withdrawal.

Kindest regards,

"asummerbreeze"

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Withdrawn Item

Are you going to drag up all the old threads by posting the same thing over and over?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Withdrawn Item

Just asked the same question myself kazbar on one of the (many) other threads, oh what a bore having to go thorugh and read old hash

just to find something worthwhile to read 😞

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Withdrawn Item

I really should be working so maybe this is the push I need 😉

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply