Would you buy from a seller who....

.... leaves a lot of neg. fb for other sellers? I mean, is this a sign he is a bit difficult and might not help if there is a problem?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I don't know, to me it looks like this member has purchased many items from Chinese sellers and hasn't received them or at least not in a timely manner. Which is quite normal for Chinese sellers.

If unsure, find another seller.

If a member in feedback looks unreasonable, I am not going to give them my business.

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

If there's a problem and you expect the seller to fix it, isn't the seller also entitled to have problems fixed when they buy from others? I've bought plenty of things that haven't been right and by your reckoning that would make me a bad seller too.
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

@respect.our.planet wrote:

.... leaves a lot of neg. fb for other sellers? I mean, is this a sign he is a bit difficult and might not help if there is a problem?

Is that a screenshot of all the feedback they have ever left, or did you use a tool to just show the negs they have left since they have been a member on eBay?

If that is just what's showing on eBay when you look at feedback left for others, I wouldn't buy from them if you paid me.

If that screenshot has been collated from years of FB left for others, and pos FB for sellers and / or FB left for buyers has been filtered out, then I'd need to see the full profile to get the appropriate context. 

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Only 7 of them seem to have been left in the last 3 years. I would be suspicious about that and be inclined to go with the selective presentation theory.

I guess we'll have to wait for the OP to clarify.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I just noticed one of the comments is "item did not arrive and my lizard will "DIE" due to this company not caring".

Yeah, no further context needed for me - that's a hard pass. (As in, if I had a pet and they needed something lifesaving, I wouldn't just buy it online and then shrug my shoulders if it didn't arrive). 

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I can open the jpg but had trouble seeing all of it clearly when I enlarged it, but it looks to me as if several of the comments are for the same seller?

So instead of lots of negative, unrelated feedback, what we might be seeing is bad feedback for just a small number of sellers.

If I had one seller who did not send me 3 or 4 items and I did not get a refund, I'd be leaving a neg for each transaction too.

But that begs the question-when did they buy these things? If I did not get the items, I'd be going through an ebay claim to get my money back that way.

I agree with digital ghost that one of the feedback comments was a bit weird, you don't let your pet die just because something has not arrived from an ebay seller.

Altogether, what i am seeing there (if it is a list of their most recent feedback) is not a good look.

However, you're not talking about selling to this person. You're talking about buying from them.

If you do buy from this person, they cannot leave you negative feedback. No seller can.Smiley Happy

You'd be in no danger from their poison pen and if they did by chance try to leave a neg comment with a positive dot, you could contact ebay and it would be removed and they might get a warning from ebay not to do that again.

And what if they didn't send the item? You wouldn't even have to deal with the seller, you could go straight to make an ebay claim.

What if the item was not satisfactory, not as described? Again, you could go straight to ebay to open a not as described claim and follow through.

So if they are a seller based in Australia, I don't think there is all that much risk associated with buying from them, although if you're talking a really large purchase, I'd always proceed with more caution.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@respect.our.planet wrote:

Is that a screenshot of all the feedback they have ever left, or did you use a tool to just show the negs they have left since they have been a member on eBay?

If that is just what's showing on eBay when you look at feedback left for others, I wouldn't buy from them if you paid me.

If that screenshot has been collated from years of FB left for others, and pos FB for sellers and / or FB left for buyers has been filtered out, then I'd need to see the full profile to get the appropriate context. 

It is ALL feedback. He does not have great feedback as a seller either, 98. something, which is well below average for Australian sellers.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I just noticed one of the comments is "item did not arrive and my lizard will "DIE" due to this company not caring".

Yeah, no further context needed for me - that's a hard pass. (As in, if I had a pet and they needed something lifesaving, I wouldn't just buy it online and then shrug my shoulders if it didn't arrive). 

True, If I needed something livesaving for my pet I would certainly find another solution, no matter how much it costs.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

It's also the attitude that the comment suggests  - the "it's your fault my pet will die" thing, which I personally take as an indication they would be happy to blame anyone but themselves for a lot of issues, which in turn could well be taken as an indication of potential behaviour if - as a buyer - you raised an issue with them. 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply