You have deliveries from China. What guarantees can you make they don't contain CV?

niknax17
Community Member

What the heading says, you cannot guarantee goods from China don't have CV.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You have deliveries from China. What guarantees can you make they don't contain CV?

Really? Please don't live your life in fear.

You are not going to get CV from touching things from China. The virus lives at the most 9 days on a surface, and this is in ideal conditions. Most items will not get to you before that time. The chance of getting it from goods is next to nothing.

Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How can ebay give a guarantee of anything like that....even international postal services cannot give those guarantees.

However, the Chinese government is not allowing mail to leave the country and any parcels that are in transit are being stopped and not accepted into Australia.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

As maranock says, the virus is considered to be viable on surfaces for a max of 9 days, so there shouldn't be any on an item delivered from China, read the link below and if you have any concerns use one of the disinfecting processes they recommend.

https://www.sciencealert.com/study-shows-just-how-long-coronaviruses-can-stick-around-on-a-surface

Edit. G'day lyndal   original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Would be interested in hearing what eBay tell you when you contact them and ask

And no, I don't have deliveries from China because I do not buy from sellers in China

Why would you (or anyone) buy from China if you/they believe there is such a risk involved?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@niknax17 wrote:

What the heading says, you cannot guarantee goods from China don't have CV.

Yes I agree you should never buy from China ever again ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Just to be sure, I think you should buy from Australian sellers. Why take a chance? ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Not in fear. More a matter of interest. This matter has beeen brought up elsewhere with authorities saying if the virus is on a package it wouldn't last and still be there by the time it is delivered. That is comforting but still a question that needed to be asked 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

When you buy from Chinese eBay sellers, you run risks such as:

• item not genuine - you've bought a knock-off and other people can tell;
  • electronic/electrical item not genuine and made of inferior components, resulting in item not being able to perform to standard;
  • inferior components and item not to Australian Standards - item explodes or bursts into flames, thus damaging other items - your insurance compnan investigates and points to the clause in the policy which states that your insurance does not cover you if you use items not made to Australian Standards
  • item explodes or bursts into flames and you are injured or die - or others in your vicinity at the time are injured or die.

While the risks of contracting COVID-19 are real (and I don't mean to downplay the seriousness of it, or the risk of widespread transmission within the community), those risks are low at present. You can maintain a low risk by always washing your hands appropriately (a quick 5 seconds won't cut it), avoiding touching your face unless you've washed your hands thoroughly, minimising contact with people who may have come into contact with the disease, not coming close enough to anyone coughing or sneezing for their droplets to reach you (and thoroughly washing hands or face, etc., after any such instance), and using the correct cough etiquette. If you're not feeling well and there's any chance at all that you might have contracted COVID-19, immediately self-isolate and contact your GP or local emergency department. Do NOT - as a recent Tasmanian man inexplicably did - drop by your local supermarket and put others at risk on the way home from being tested.

Detailed information available on the Australian Government Department of Health website: Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Thus far, the evidence shows that the countries which have poor understanding of and practice of personal hygiene (including washing hands properly every single time that it's necessary, a reliance on spraying disinfectant into streets as though that would stop COVID-19 transmission, insufficient measures for quarantining affected individuals, and countries in which reports of outbreaks and accurate data are not encouraged and where counter-measures are adopted too late, etc.) are those in which rapid and uncontrolled community transmission occur. Australia is one of the world's best in our standards of hygiene and our medical care. Just make sure you don't become complaisant; follow the WHO hand-washing routine, etc.

When to wash your hands: Health Direct - Hand Washing.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

Just to be sure, I think you should buy from Australian sellers. Why take a chance? ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Sometimes there are no Oz sellers for what you want...or it turns out the only 'Oz sellers' are actually in China.

*shrugs*

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply