am i covered if i dont pay by paypal?

Just bought a phone, seller says they dont have paypal.  I was sure that it was a rule that paypal must be an option???  Therefore, If I bank transfer, am I covered by ebay if there is anything wrong??

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You are not covered unless you use a safe method of payment. That can either be Paypal, Paymate or if the seller has credit card facilities. DO NOT pay by bank deposit.

To be able to list items for sale they HAVE to include one of those safe methods of payment.

Edited: I just looked at the listing the seller uses paymate so pay by that method.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You are not covered unless you use a safe method of payment. That can either be Paypal, Paymate or if the seller has credit card facilities. DO NOT pay by bank deposit.

To be able to list items for sale they HAVE to include one of those safe methods of payment.

Edited: I just looked at the listing the seller uses paymate so pay by that method.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks, I did use paymate, but had never heard of it, and din't know whether it was as secure as paypal.  Apparently it is. 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

It is as secure as your credit/debit card.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply