are items coming from china to Tasmania at the moment

are items able to be posted FROM China at the moment???????

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Chinese new year means many traders take a month holiday or at least a few weeks.

Then there are the shut downs due to the Covid-19 virus.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Short answer.....nothing is leaving China because of the lockdown due to the virus as well as the fact that we are still within the 3-4 week period of Chinese New Year when most Chinese sellers do not trade.....ebay or otherise.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Always a good laugh to read what garbage gets posted on this board.
Try looking at the Aust Post website . No mail leaving Wuhan. Rest of China not really affected except HK which still has delays due to civil unrest. Chinese New Year holidays were extended by a week, most of China went back to work a couple of weeks ago.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@k1andk2_2 wrote:
Try looking at the Aust Post website . No mail leaving Wuhan. Rest of China not really affected except HK which still has delays due to civil unrest. Chinese New Year holidays were extended by a week, most of China went back to work a couple of weeks ago.

So you have first hand experience of receiving items from China recently?

Reports are that nothing is clearing Customs, which would align with the Federal government embargo on anything from China.

As you said - "Always a good laugh to read what garbage gets posted on this board." You really shouldn't talk to yourself, though.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I would say items are leaving China (slowly!) but unfortunately once they get to Oz I can only guess that Customs/Quarantine or whoever are not releasing them yet.

One of my purchases (according to tracking) arrived in Melbourne on 15 Feb - and I've not seen it yet.  OrangeConnex only tracks to arrival at the destination country.  Aust Post doesn't recognise the tracking number so no help there...but as I am in Melbourne I should have received it by now.  No such luck so I can only guess it's not been cleared yet.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@k1andk2_2 wrote:

What a pity you are a coward who has to use a new ID to have a go at other posters on the boards.

Too scared to use your selling ID?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

One of my purchases from China arrived yesterday.

Unfortunately it wasn't the one that according to tracking arrived in Melbourne on 16 Feb.  Still, one down two to go.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply