boat listing

There was a boat on here for sale whic has now been removed. I was busy trying to have it checked over as I was interested in buying it. The same boat is now for sale on a boat seller site for $10000 more. They say it was not for sale on Ebay. Is there a way to find old listings.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

boat listing

You can search the item and look at completed listings but it sounds like someone may have used the pics and listed it as a scam on a hijacked account.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

boat listing

You are no longer allowed to exchange contact details with another member prior to a sale.

That could well be why the boat listing was withdrawn. It's a bit hard to inspect something when you can't find out who or where the seller or the boat is.

It doesn't really matter, anyway. The item is the seller's until it's sold. You can't force them to sell it to you at any price, much less one $10k less than they are now asking.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

boat listing

If you do a search for "sea ray" boat, and limit your search to "completed items" (see spoiler below), you will find a Sea Ray boat which sold on 9th April.

Spoiler

Condition

New (63)

Used (7)

Price

AU $   – AU $ 

Buying format

All Listings (70)

Auction (7)

Buy It Now (64)

Item location

Within

km of

Australia Only

Worldwide

Delivery options

Free postage

Free Click & Collect

Show only

Free returns

Returns accepted

Authorised seller

Completed items

Sold items

Deals & Savings

More refinements...

If that's the boat you mean, this was sold for the opening bid amount of $10,000. A second bid for $10,100 by another eBay member was cancelled (for whatever reason it may be).

That's the only boat I can find using the Completed Listings filter. It's not the same boat as shown in your attached image, as it has a different Hull Identifying Number.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

boat listing

If you haven't just made a mistake with a similar boat (as in the countessa's link) and you are absolutely sure it is the same boat in both ads, then I think kopenhagen would be right and it could well be a hijacked photo, a scam listing. Ebay may have removed it for that reason.

Apparently cars, caravans, boats, jet skis etc are rife with scam ads, not just on ebay but in newspapers etc

You did right to try to arrange a viewing. Whatever you do, don't buy sight unseen. If they try to delay or make excuses, it's probably a scam.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply