clarification needed regarding using ebay gift cards towards purchases

So I contacted ebay earlier via chat in regards to using ebay gift cards towards a purchase if there are any limits both for how many one can apply for an item and or a dollar amount limit to how much you can use.  i was told it was 1 ebay gift card per transaction.  I did a bit of research and found the following in T&C:

"No more than a total of $1,500 in Gift Cards may be redeemed per transaction, no more than a total of $2,000 in Gift Cards may be redeemed per day, and no more than a total of $5,000 in Gift Cards may be redeemed per calendar month. Further, you may only redeem a maximum of eight Gift Cards in any single transaction (and fewer if you are redeeming Gift Cards in combination with other redemption codes, such as coupons or vouchers)."

The item I had planned to purchase is several hundred dollars, was going to use zip pay to get several $200 gift cards and apply them to the item so that I have a bit more flexibility paying it off (zip).  What I want to see is if anyone has done it the way that I have or has used several ebay gift cards toward one transaction without issue & to help clarify that what's quoted above is correct or if what the customer rep said was correct that I can only use 1 per transaction.  I'd hate to go ahead getting the gift cards and not be able to use them or run into problems and be out the item & the ability to use the cards towards purchase.

Any helpful replies appreciated & please if one cannot offer helpful responses and or is critical of me please do not reply.

Regards

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have never used an ebay gift card but I have used a number of vouchers and discount offers from ebay and paypal....never have I been able to use more than one voucher per transaction.

I would assume that the written T&Cs are correct for large amounts but I do know you can use the lower value cards up to the full value of the transaction...no dollar limit

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

"AfterPay" is available on most eBay purchases now, why not use that ?  Or just buy on your credit card and pay it off before the due dates arrive ?

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of using credit cards etc for paying for things that I can't afford at the outset.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

"AfterPay" is available on most eBay purchases now, why not use that ?  Or just buy on your credit card and pay it off before the due dates arrive ?

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of using credit cards etc for paying for things that I can't afford at the outset.

On Westpac credit cards, for any purchase over $500, you can spread repayment over 3, 6 or 12 months, interest-free (there's a nominal service fee); I don't know if other bank credit cards have similar facilities.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply