'did the item arrive by' date in feedback

when i go to leave fb for a seller, it asks 'did the item arrive by (date)'. So if i choose no even if i'm happy with the arrival timeframe, does it affect the sellers rating? if it does i would rather tell a white lie & say yes it arrived on time.

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It can affect a seller answering no, so just leave it.

It doesn't need to be answered.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

I am pretty sure it does have some kind of effect, but I can't say what it is for sure

I don't mark it all,usually, the dates are what eBay believe are 'on time' based on Australia Post info (I have seen ones where it says the estimated date was Good Froday)  As long as the seller has sent it within their handling time (going by the post mark) is more important to me than how good/bad the postal service was

Message 2 of 52
Latest reply

If an item arrives within say 5 days after the due date I say that it did arrive on time as the seller has no control over when it arrives after they post it,it's ebay's crazy optimism items arrive when they say so lol.

Message 3 of 52
Latest reply

It can affect a seller answering no, so just leave it.

It doesn't need to be answered.

image host
Message 4 of 52
Latest reply

thanks everyone, i did not realize it was optional, just assumed i had to say yes or no or it would come up with red writing telling me till fill out all fields like alot of websites do...

i would hope they should be using it to measure the performance of Australia Post etc not hold up yet another hoop for sellers to jump through.

Message 5 of 52
Latest reply

AP and ebay = in bed together.

Message 6 of 52
Latest reply

thats a hell of an accusation do you have any grounds for it? well i hope at least they are using protection 🙂

Message 7 of 52
Latest reply

For a seller to keep top rated status it says you must keep below 5% late shipment rate. I have only had 4 people leave a yes in the last year compared to the tracking indicating late delivery showing 9 just last month. So if it is late they most likely get a mark no matter what. 

Message 8 of 52
Latest reply

For tracked items the parameter is a scanning event within your handling time.

For untracked it goes on the buyers' choice of buttons.

How do you know what your buyers left? I haven't seen anything that tells me that.

Message 9 of 52
Latest reply

From what I understand, if the seller can show by tracking that the item was posted within their handling time then any defect can be removed, BUT for untracked mail the seller will always be behind the 8 ball.

Edit. Snap dave..............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 52
Latest reply