didont get feedback

rand409
Community Member

Didont get feedback for a item and i left feedback how to take feedback of

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

didont get feedback

the leaveing of feedback is voluntary for both buyers and sellers. It is not a requirement to leave feedback if the other party to a transaction leaves you feedback. It is also something that is not taken away lightly by eBay. Feedback for those that are 'buyers only' is really only a crude count of the transactions they have had. Feedback for sellers serves a greater purpose than feedback for buyers as it gives potetntial buyers an idea of what the seller is like as a seller. The ability of buyers to leaves Detailed Seller Ratings for sellers also helps future buyers know what the seller is like in the areas covered by the DSRs. Sit back . . . . . relax . . . . . you will get to 500 soon enough.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

didont get feedback

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Feedback is voluntary and you cannot take it off once left....it is permanent.

Are you the buyer or the seller in this case?  And why is feedback so important that you would want to be so petty as to withdraw feedback because you did not receive it in return.?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

didont get feedback

what a strange question from someone who has been on ebay for ovr 11 years, has left over 600 fb and received 564-- pretty good % rate

after all these years you have surely realized fb is only a voluntary thing

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

didont get feedback

Since the defect system changed,i wait 3 days to leave it for the buyer so i can check if my defect rate has gone up.If thay have sneakily dinged my stars but left a great reply then I'm inclined to be annoyed & not leave fb for them.I recently had that happen once after i left fb,nothing wrong with the $5.50 item but was marked down in item not as described.I describe things in detail & the buyer was also a seller of the same items & she is on my BBL now.

If you have a problem with an item then message the seller so that they can address any issue with quality control etc.Don't mark them down & leave glowing fb,they can see it now.Enough of these defects & a seller will be suspended from selling so don't expect them not to take it a bit personally.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

didont get feedback

I leave feed back in bulk, i do it when i have time which means sometimes it can take a week or more.

Don't stress just yet.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

didont get feedback

OP - why would you want to take feedback away from the member you left it for?

As a seller - if you were happy with the payment and transaction, and left positive, then what more could the buyer have done to make it a good transaction.

As a buyer - if you recieved the item you paid for, undamaged and as described, again, what possible reason would you have to leave less than positive feedback.

Please don't be one of those buyers/sellers who rate a transaction on feedback given/received - we buy and sell items, not stars !

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply