eBay Plus is a hidden scam that I uncovered which adds additional charges on shipping

I recently joined eBay Plus on a promotion offer for $4.99 for 12 months  

I have now noticed that if I buy goods on eBay, that have a separate shipping cost like for example $9 shipping for an item , that when your log in to eBay that the shipping price increases by $3 to $12 .

I can buy goods cheaper as a guest on checkout on eBay because they add additional hidden cost to make their money.

I have proven this by looking at many items on eBay that had separate shipping cost where I logout of eBay and also cleared all my cookies in the browser ( if you dont clear the cookies in your browser whilst logged out you will still get higher shipping cost) and the shipping cost was always a few dollars cheaper than when I logged into my account.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

eBay Plus is a hidden scam that I uncovered which adds additional charges on shipping

I have taken many screen shot examples of different items on eBay  to prove this  "eBay Plus"  scam and have attached one example below where shipping was $9 when logged out and cookies cleared ,  but shipping increased to $12 when I was logged in.

Normal  shipping price when logged out and cookies clearedNormal shipping price when logged out and cookies cleared

higher shipping price when logged inhigher shipping price when logged in

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

I am not an eBay Plus member and see $9 both logged in and out. I am in NSW.

When you are logged out, they don't know where you are, so maybe it depends on location, but this listing does not mention eBay Plus at all, so the price is only based on location I think. There is usually an eBay Plus badge on the pages where eBay Plus is offered.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Papermoon, the listing shows $34.00 postage for me in rural WA, and no, it's not an eBay Plus item. In fact none of their listings are eBay Plus.......

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Yes, the difference the OP sees must definitely be based on location...

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

It does not have to be a eBay plus item.   eBay is putting on  extra shipping cost  to any listed item that has separate shipping if your  ebay plus member

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

@rob01ert wrote:

It does not have to be a eBay plus item.   eBay is putting on  extra shipping cost  to any listed item that has separate shipping if your  ebay plus member

You don't get it do you ?  The item you showed is NOT an eBay Plus item, so the eBay Plus options DO NOT apply.

eBay DOESN'T put extra shipping on, that's built into the seller's post rates, which can increase depending on the buyer's location, if they set it up that way.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

I always had the same price for shipping on eBay for over the past 20 years whether I was logged on or off. ( cookies on web page cleared as well)

It is only until recently that I joined" eBay Plus"   that I now have additional shipping cost on any item whilst logged on  . 

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Since your not a eBay plus  member  , you have proved my case  that additional charges are added to postage   for any item that has shipping separate for ebay Plus members. 

i'm based in NSW as well , so that also proves my  case

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply