eBay protects scammers

I have been with eBay over 15 years and just got shafted by a scammer and eBay, and their ‘money back guarantee’. Not only did I not get my $714 back but they removed my negative feedback!! 

I bought prepaid satchels which never came. But tracking said it did. Australia post were awesome. They fully investigated and said that only small envelopes were sent (too small to contain my purchase), likely to another P.O. Box and they wrote me a letter confirming it was likely a scam. The guy also told me on the phone that eBay is aware of this scam but wouldn’t help me and I should seek ‘chargebacks’ from my bank. 

But the scammer told eBay tracking said it arrived and eBay didn’t even bother to give me a chance to reply but decided the case the same day it was escalated to them by the seller (I tried and tried to put in my side but there was no ability to add anything except my initial comments from a week earlier that it hadn’t arrived and I was investigating) because tracking shows it arrived that’s it. I didn’t even get a chance to submit my Australian post letter. Then they deleted my feedback as the final kick up the **bleep**.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay protects scammers

Did you get some back? You other reply post said you lost $1500. Hopefully you can get the other half back too.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

eBay protects scammers

I am really puzzled. I wrote a reply to this post yesterday and now, poof, not there. Not like I swore or anything bad.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

eBay protects scammers

This the one you are thinking of in which the OP here replied on another thread ?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/eBay-customer-support-is-abysmal/m-p/2432250#M122597

Edit - Oh sorry, you wrote that one weeks ago.

Have a look at OP's replies perhaps you responded to one of those.

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

eBay protects scammers

@springyzone wrote:

I am really puzzled. I wrote a reply to this post yesterday and now, poof, not there. Not like I swore or anything bad.

Maybe concealed by the ice flow where Hell hath frozen over ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

eBay protects scammers

Oh thanks kopenhagen. I didn't even realise I could look it up like that. You are right, it was in a different thread about deleting account but the post was identical or close to it, hence my confusion.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

eBay protects scammers

There's at least 8 identical copy & paste posts from the OP across a wide range of threads, maybe in there somewhere?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

eBay protects scammers

@springyzone wrote:

Oh thanks kopenhagen. I didn't even realise I could look it up like that. You are right, it was in a different thread about deleting account but the post was identical or close to it, hence my confusion.

Sometimes it happens to me too when threads are very similar, so I have to go to my profile and my replies to see where my post is... 😎

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply